Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think mud is a given. :eek: But, I would have stayed put given area of you & storm. At this point, I feel secure with most storms in my area. Things happen, Sometimes damages & you deal with it. For me no flooding problems but wind can be.

Hopefully mud is all you will have to deal with. Not good but better than many other things. Keep us updated.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You know what's best for you!
LOL, I hope I'm right, but with this one....who knows! I'm definitely more worried about what is to come than what we've already had. It's wet, wet, wet - but that's pretty normal around here!

Hopefully mud is all you will have to deal with
We know how to 'do' mud around here...had too much experience with that!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FEM, I'm so glad to hear you made it through landfall. I'm was surprised you're able to post. I thought maybe you'd be out of touch for several days. I hope you've got some big barrels to save some of this rain for when it's too dry again... When it floods in the area, do you usually have a lot of standing water in your yard (I know it gets muddy, but I was thinking of snakes up in your pens and close to the house)?
@baymule is this going to affect where you live?
I've lived in both Corpus Christi and in San Antonio, and an inch of rain in a short amount of time was sometimes enough to cause a flood - 1/2 a year to a year's worth of rain in just a few days is hard to imagine! But then all the rain runs off and everything dries out and everyone will wish it would rain...
We just had some King Ranch chicken for supper last night. Yum!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm was surprised you're able to post.
Me too! And, so glad!

We've got several big totes that we keep water in at all times. I set out some big tubs to catch rain water in hopes that the goats would drink out of those instead of groundwater.

Snakes aren't usually a problem - probably because of all the chickens and the dogs. I've only seen one snake this year - a big ol' rat snake in the barn. But, that's more of a natural occurrence than a rain induced one.

Unfortunately - we are pretty accustomed to mud. Wish that weren't the case, but that's the way it has been for awhile now.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're far enough inland that we'll probably get rain, but be ok. We are north of Tyler. We average 48" of rain per year, so it's lush and green around here.