Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know that some days I do as you -- walk in front door, change clothes & walk out the back door
That's pretty much what I do. I am trying to adjust my schedule a little bit. I like to sit and speak to them for a few minutes before I go out. Also have started doing about half of it and then coming back in for a few minutes so they don't feel abandoned. I try to get some kind of diner on the table by 6:30ish and even if DH isn't home I'll make a little plate and sit with them for dinner. Then it's back outside to finish feeding milking. It's been an adjustment for everybody!

The FEMA adjuster was at my brothers house today. Also the car insurance adjuster - car is a total loss. They haven't been to mom/dad's yet. Ugh!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@sumi I do have a stubborn streak, lol. !

Guess I'll be working on fence tomorrow. I had to take a boot back to my neighbor today. I saw it in the middle of his backyard - not on the porch where it should have been. Geeze, I wonder what dog coulda picked up this 5 lb work boot and carried it offa my neighbor's porch? Hmmmmmm, could it be a silly dog named Cowboy? ARGH! This dog has been playing Houdini again....the creep!

I think Gracie is finally on the downhill side of her heat cycle. Thank goodness! I'm not comfortable enough to let her out of prison yet - but I think in a few more days it'll be fine.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When Paris is in heat, she is in the backyard with hot wire. Trip spends his time on one side of the yard or the other, running back and forth all day, all night. He cries and loses weight.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Arg! Cowboy! Sorry you have to fight with fencing now... I'm sure that's how you want to spans your weekend.... Sigh.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Irma's headed my way. My niece is here from Tampa. She got here last night. We should be fine, but if it comes straight up the gulf without hitting land first, who knows. Right now no one seems to have any idea where it's going.

@Mini Horses those crock pots are fabulous aren't they? I just used one to make maple pear butter. I put it in jars this morning.

@frustratedearthmother and @baymule how are your families doing?

And @baymule, I am sooo with you on laundry. I'll usually get it in the washer. Usually into the dryer sometime that day. Sometimes it comes out the next time I need the dryer or when I can't find something I wanted to wear... (Or when I'm out of towels/socks/underwear...)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Arg! Cowboy!

So far he's been in the fence all day. I let Gracie out of prison and she told him in no uncertain terms that she wants nothing to do with him, lol. She bit him right on the nose today and I had to laugh at the expression of pure shock on his face!

I got mom and dad out on the back porch today for a bit of fresh air. They seem so lost most of the time. They, of course, ask about their house and it's hard on me to tell them that it's gonna be a looooong time before they can even think of going back. Mom is having a lot of pain in one of her arms. I've been giving her Motrin for a couple of days, but today I bumped her up to Tramadol. I only gave her half so I can judge her reaction.

I'm beginning to think that my mom is extremely over medicated. She had a "breakdown" several years ago and it was bad. Since then she's been on several anti-psychotic drugs. Ok - I'm about to admit something that I'm totally embarrassed about but last night I forgot to give them their evening meds. I felt horrible about it - but... Today she has been more like herself than I've seen in years. We're right back on schedule tonight and I want to see if there is a difference in her behavior tomorrow. Today she was animated, made jokes and held real conversations. Her memory wasn't much better, but she laughed and was the mom I used to know. DH noticed it also.

Managed to get out and trim some goat feet and move some chickens around. Along with working on the fence I managed to spend several hours outside today. The weather is awesome...topped out at less than 90 degrees. BRRRRR - where's my sweater, lol!

Also turned a few goats into what's left of the garden today. They enjoyed themselves. I need to do it for about a week for them to get it cleaned up. Will prolly put a couple little pigs in there after the goats get done with it. I need that area cleaned up!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, a couple little pigs will clean AND do some minor tilling!

Speaking of little pigs -- have you guys tried any of the younger ones for butchering? Interested in difference of carcass with age on the AGHs. I sold mine out but, figured I can always buy more -- LOL. Still eating from freezer.

Ahhhh...yes, meds, attentiveness, personality loss, etc. Now you are on the roller coaster even more because you see them everyday. It is alarming, saddening, frustrating, helplessness & anything else I've missed mentioning.

Mom had not been taking her meds correctly I found -- simply because I bought her one of those deals that you put AM/Noon/PM meds into for like a week at a time. Checked and some were still there several days later, so missing part of taking with no pattern . That was 2 weeks before I just made her move here. I feel your pain!! You need to talk with the doctors and see what can be eliminated, changed, etc. Mom's doctor was extremely helpful and on board.

Yep, one more thing on your list!! The extra large roll of paper will be needed for your list .....:hugs

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@milkmansdaughter please stay safe and keep us posted :hugs

@frustratedearthmother I think your memory lapse may turn out to be a good thing. Judging by the difference in your mom after not taking her meds and a good difference from the sounds of things. It may be a good time to have her medicine reviewed and some eliminated as not-needed-any-more?

In my experience with my own mother and MIL doctors like to keep patients on especially mind altering drugs (anti-depressants, tranquillisers etc) way longer than necessary and the patents end up getting dependant, addicted, or worse off than before they started taking them. Drugs = $$$ for the doctors and companies that supply them. Enough said?

The goats and pics will definitely clean your garden up a treat for you. Pigs love rooting in the soil and will remove all roots and leftovers that the goats don't want.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope you are able to help your mom and doctor figure out if she needs a med change. I think it's really hard for doctors to know what's going on in their patients' lives when there isn't someone looking in trying to help sort it out. My stepdad and his brother helped their dad and doctor regulate meds all the time and I think it made a huge difference. Otherwise they just don't know

So with Irma coming Texas has been mostly out of the news. How are things down there? Recovery efforts, etc.

@milkmansdaughter I hope you stay safe!