Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
From Wikipedia

William Dennis Weaver (June 4, 1924 – February 24, 2006) was an American actor who was best known for his work in television and films. Weaver's two most notable roles were as Marshal Matt Dillon's trusty helper Chester Goode on the CBS western Gunsmoke and as Deputy Marshal Sam McCloud on the NBC police drama McCloud.

My Daddy and I watched Gunsmoke every week!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank you! I could remember Marshall Dillon but I couldn't remember the name of the series! High Chaparral and Bonanza were my favs!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pretty good day today. I worked an entire day without having to leave early, lol. Can't say that for tomorrow or Friday. The home health agency that saw my parents at their home are coming here tomorrow. I was worried they might not work in this county - but they do!

Friday DH has an interview for a new job - a full-time job! He's been working part-time since his eyesight got so bad... but GLORY HALLELUJAH - his eye is finally clearing up! We have another follow-up appt. with the doc on Friday. We're hoping that they can get him contact lenses and get that eye corrected so he can actually see clearly again! But, I'm not sure how I feel about a full-time gig for him. His blood sugar is so reactive to stress...and this position would be stressful.

Found out today that FEMA won't come to mom/dad's house if they are not there - UNLESS - they sign a release saying that my brother can represent them. He's coming here Friday morning to get the signature from mom. Hope that will get them on the path. My brother has already received a check from FEMA... a whopping 19K. Sounds like a fair amount of money - but not if you're replacing everything you ever owned... geeze. I expect mom/dad will get an amount somewhere in that same vicinity.

Changing gears: I know I said I wasn't going to breed any goats... but it's HARD to see the does flagging the bucks and hanging out at the fence teasing the poor felllas. I'm holding firm.... so far, lol!

Red and Cocoa have upped their production after the storm drama and with the cooler weather. I was almost ready to stop milking, but now I'm glad I didn't. I'm thinking I'll probably have some bred does before this is all over with - even without my permission. Little Chester is doing his best. Most likely he will only get lucky enough to reach a couple of the smaller does. Not crazy about that because I'm just about over the itty bitty goats. I really love the size of the Kinders. They're not too big, not too small and they produce!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
$19K.........that is better than nothing, but it sure won't go far. I am glad that he at least got that much.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yay! I'm so glad your DH's vision is improving! What a relief for both of you! :celebrate I hope it keeps getting better!! :fl

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, great news on the eyes! I know it has to be a lighter burden on both of you to have hope. I wonder if the stress of the surgeries, and then the hurricane, followed by the unintended responsibility of your parents could have contributed? ( I'm thinking of your comment on his blood sugars reacting to stress, which coukd very well contribute to poor eyesight.) Either way, it's so good to hear that things are finally starting to look up for you! :weee

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WARNING:: WHINE FEST - no wait - WINE FEST. :p

It's been a day....can't say it's been a good one...but it's been a day.

I started at 5am...not that unusual. I went to the office early to get a couple things done since I wasn't going to actually go in for regular hours today. Went grocery shopping after that and to the Credit Union to get money for the caregiver and got home before 8am. .

DH had an interview this morning and I've been asking him since early in the week if he'd checked if his suit was clean and had his shirt and tie picked out. He reassured me - several times - that he was ready. So, I go upstairs while he's getting dressed. I'm all ready to tell him how great he looks in his suit and how I know he's gonna kill the interview. Geeze louise... I get up there and he's in rumpled khaki pants, a white shirt (that won't even button around his neck), a red tie and a blue sports coat. WTH????? I'm afraid I kinda went off on him and I wasn't as nice as I should have been. :(

So, what does he do next? He goes downstairs, trips over my dads walker and falls ... breaks a cup that he was carrying that had coffee in it and gets it on his shirt. He really went down and had a very hard time getting up.

He did trip - but he said the reason was because the neuropathy in his feet has gotten so bad that he's having a hard time feeling where his feet are. He told me the other day that he is having trouble feeling the accelerator and the brake pedals. Soooo - I'm feeling like the most horrible person in the world for being such a _itch. He goes off to his interview and I go out and cry on Red's shoulder - and I'm not a crier.

He gets home and we head out to his eye doc appt. He has been telling me that the cloudiness in his field of vision has cleared but that he can still see a shadow on the left side of his field of vision in his left eye. It's what has cut down on his peripheral vision. Previously when the doc looked in Dh's eye he couldn't see IN the eye any better than DH could see out. Today - since the cloudiness has lifted somewhat he could see exactly what the problem was. The (bleep) lens that he implanted has SHIFTED! Sooooo, we have ANOTHER SURGERY next week to 'nudge' the lens back into place. Poor DH... I feel so bad for him.

Oh.... and his knee is swollen and stiff and sore and he can barely walk. Might or might not need an x-ray tomorrow.

I'm about to build a lemonade stand...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
p.s. Wondering if I might have some pregnant goats... some of them have suspiciously big bellies. I did have a buck escape or two - several months ago...before the rut. But, some of my goats don't follow the rules... YAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Goats -- well, you know they have to have kids to give milk. Balance that with the possible, probable breeding decisions or accomplishments....whichever it is :lol: .

Parents -- glad same in-home can come to your home. Good that your brother will be able to work with FEMA for them. I hope they are settling in some. Not easy. Seniors hate change.

DH -- WOW!! Where to start. OK, sounds like a change of dress was best but, not the way it went -- coffee, fall and all that. I'm certain you picked out another outfit to hurry him along...LOL...maybe he should get the knee x-rayed.
Eyes -- look at it this way, at least there is a valid reason that vision has not cleared faster. While it's an unwanted re-work, it may give the results you expected at first. :fl
Feet -- can he get any treatment to help with that? Exercises, creams, etc. As a nurse, I am certain he knows but may not follow what he would "prescribe" LOL. I assume he is a non smoker, has decent BP & weight -- I do know you watch the food at home -- how does he do away? Healthy food & snacks at proper times, etc., to remain stable? (hand controls to drive for brake/accel)

I swear, diabetics have so many issues as a result of that disease that it boggles the mind. The "issues" are often worse than the actual insulin problem.

You have your hands very, very full, lady!!! :hugs

Latest posts