Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that it was 37 degrees this morning....brrrrrr! Supposed to get colder this weekend! Might be pig butchering weather here earlier than I thought. Probably not though - we don't get cold that hangs around more than a few hours at this point.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This morning's weather report brought to you by Folgers coffee - YUM! It's a comfortable 46 degrees this morning with a bit of dew on the grass. Supposed to get much colder Saturday when I will be FORCED to work outside from 4:30ish until around 9pm. It's the college's annual Fall Festival and our students run a cake-walk as a fund raiser. Mostly the kids do all the work, but we've still got to be onsite and in charge of the money. I am really NOT looking forward to it, but whaddya do?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Close to what it is here- except it's pouring rain and this is as warm as it's going to get all day!

That sounds kind of fun.... But then again I don't have to work at it lol.

How's your DH?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh on the rain!

DH is hanging in there....driving when he probably shouldn't be. Hoping his glasses get here before blind driving creates another problem!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We actually really, really need rain so it's good even though it's mildly annoying.

Sheesh hope he gets those glasses soon!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I don't know what our temperatures are, but we're having our second wonderfully warm, sunny day in a row here. I think the weather's apologising for the storms last week lol

Fingers crossed your DH will get his glasses soon, FEM. Poor man must be so frustrated by now with his vision problems and the waiting… :hugs to you both!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DRUMROLL PLEASE.... DH GOT HIS GLASSES! The good part is that he can actually SEE really well! The bad part is he hasn't had a good prescription in so long (and his new one is very strong) that wearing them makes him nauseous. Poor baby - damned if you do and damned if you don't! He drove home with them on from the eye glass store and actually had to pull over and puke. :sick He got home and slept for 3 solid hours in his recliner. He wore them a little while watching TV last night and in bed looking at his ipad so hope he's adjusting better today.

We're supposed to start getting cold later today and even colder tomorrow. I need to do some work on the room mom and dad are in. Their bed is in the room between the house and garage and it's not insulated as well as the rest of the house. Both the north and south walls are mostly windows. I may go get some plastic sheeting and put outside over the north windows hoping to block some of the north wind. I have some heavy curtains that I can hang on the inside that'll help too. I haven't hung the curtains yet because they're dark navy blue and it's going to darken that room quite a bit. They sleep too much in the daytime already, lol. Not sure making it darker is the best idea. I'll probably see how much the plastic helps before I do the curtains.

I heard a cheep, cheep last night when I was milking. I've had a broody sitting in the barn. I picked her up and the cheeping is coming from an egg that looks crushed. I think the chick started zipping and then mom sat a little too hard on the egg. Not sure what I'll find when I go out this evening... :fl