Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not a great day...ugh. Dealing with FEMA and the appeal. Have to get info from the Insurance Co...have to fax them the POA...have to get an itemized estimate from the contractor to send to FEMA, have to write a letter, have to get it notarized, have to swear it's true, have to upload it all...:he

Next - trying to deal with the Retirement plan Administrator of the folks 401K...have to send them the POA.:he:he

Trying to deal with the bank...and even though I'm on the account they want the POA too.:he:he:he

Have to deal with the VA and OMG they want a billion times more than anybody else...on top of the POA, they need birth certificates, marriage certificates and any manner of other things...a lock of hair from their first born child. Crazy part is that the VA has to have all that stuff already because dad already gets VA benefits. Why should I have to re-submit everything they've already submitted? ARGH!! :he:he:he:he

Every time I turn around there's another road block. But, I will get this done.

I want to get some broccoli in the ground. Too late to start seeds, need to see if I can find some plants. Want to get a planting tub up close to the back porch to let mom start some lettuce or greens of some kind. It'll give her a project and she needs one.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bingo. Any government entity's first answer is ALWAYS no. You have to knock down their doors to get any attention, then they grudgingly give you a long list of homework to do. You submit, wait, wait some more, call checking on the progress to find there is no progress because you forgot to cross the t on page 12..........

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Government paperwork!!!!!!!!! :he :somad :he :smack

Been there, unfortunately. We jumped thru all the hoops and finally got retirement funds for mom to be self-supporting. Nice. Now, FEMA -- :barnie Good luck with that.

Hey, saw another post where DH is cooking. Sorry it was spicy but, at least he is trying to help you. Guess those new glasses are really helping. GOT to be better for him -- and you.

Article in magazine....At least WE ARE on board.

Cutting sugars & filling on garlic heals a sluggish pancreas.

These things then help with those blood-sugar/insulin issues:
Coffee dials back flood-sugar fluctuations by 50% (sugar free)
5oz wine makes muscle cells 150% more insulin sensitive
Cocoa makes cells more sensitive to insulin & helps liver process blood sugar.

Heck, we've been doing this a long, long time -- just didn't know how very good we were being! :th Drink up!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been there, unfortunately. We jumped thru all the hoops and finally got retirement funds for mom to be self-supporting. Nice. Now, FEMA -- :barnie Good luck with that.
Yep, the retirement funds are going to need to be accessed if/when they go to assisted living. Right now they're ok financially especially because they don't have any expenses living with me! I do use their funds when I buy things that are exclusively for them.

I just got off the phone with FEMA - again. First little gal I talked to didn't know her butt from a hole in the ground....

Her: Well, yea - well you're not a co-applicant so I can't talk to you.

Me: The Power of Attorney is on file - so yes, you can talk to me.

Her: I can't see it.

Me: Why not - is there a glitch in your system today?

Her: No, my system is fine but you're not a co-applicant so I can't talk to you.

Me: I don't have to be a co-applicant - my power of attorney is on file.

Her: I can't see it.

Me: May I speak to your supervisor, sweetie?

Her: Well, uh, yes... but why?

Me: May I speak to your supervisor?

Supervisor: How may I help you?

Me: I have a power of attorney on file and I need to know if you can see it?

Supervisor: Can I see it? Of course, I can see it - how may I help you?

Finally - success!

I still have to file the appeal - I knew that - but she answered my question.

The amount they gave my parents for home repairs is less than $1600.....the estimate to repair their house is over $50K and that's not even a complete estimate. It doesn't have things like countertops (which can be very pricey) because the home owner needs to pick the countertops - doesn't include light fixtures, faucets etc... So, my best guess is $60K + is more realistic.

Yea - off to write the appeal letter and get this show on the road!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh geeze one step forward and one giant hurdle still to leap! Still would like to smack your brother for making you deal with FEMA on top of everything else you're doing right now, lol, but go you! You're doing a great job!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh geeze one step forward and one giant hurdle still to leap! Still would like to smack your brother for making you deal with FEMA on top of everything else you're doing right now, lol, but go you! You're doing a great job!
Family!

I still think the amount they were awarded might have some bearing on the fact that bro canceled the first inspection and we had to re-apply...it set us back several weeks. All he had to do was get one of the parents to get on the phone and say "yes, my kids can act as my agents." We coulda coached mom through that or had dad just read it off of a card, lol. But when he told them that I had power of attorney that's when we had to start jumping through hoops. A verbal acknowledgement from a parent would have served the same purpose and been a whole heck of a lot less red tape.

Letter is done, have to start uploading....what a PIA!

Latest posts