Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe I'll give 'em a beer first and they'll think the whole thing was just a nightmare, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As soon as their nuts drop, they are old enough ;)
:lol: That was great!

I had help this morning and we got three more done. Still not sure that's all cuz the little boogers run around all over the place. I should have penned them all up somewhere and took them out one at a time - but I didn't. Too late now. I think :fl we got 'em all.

Did I ever mention that the other sow farrowed a day or so after the first. I'm really not sure how many we started with cuz I know a couple died. How do I know - saw another pig eatin' em...yuck.

So, as of today, we have 11 piggies and 5 of them have been castrated.

I've spent most of the morning working on separating the rest of the pigs. I want the boars in the pasture and the gal's in a pen so they can get enough feed while they are nursing babies. We'll see if what I did works.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's a wine and chocolate night...Mom is declining at an alarming rate. :( To the point that dad notices...he said yesterday that they need professional help and he wants to know when they can move to Assisted Living. Even though he can't hear what's going on he knows. It's just so sad.

We had lotsa rain this evening. Do I still have a pair of mud boots that doesn't have a hole in 'em? NOPE! Reckon I'll pick up a new pair tomorrow.

Guess I'm going to havta break down and see an orthopedist about this shoulder. I'm gonna beg for a cortisone injection. Everytime it's getting better - something happens. ugh

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah I'm glad he's ready but so sorry it's so hard for all of you. Do you have more places to look at, or are you happy with the local one you saw?

Ew on the injections. Hope it helps though!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I could go with either one of the places that I've seen. The one that's further away is a really nice, but a more commercialized, franchised facility. I have a feeling they just want to get you in and will then 'nickel and dime' you to death.

The place in town is less flashy, and much smaller, but I am assured by people who have used the place for their own loved ones that they really like it.

I don't think that EITHER place will make ME happy. I mean - I jump up 50 times a day to get dad coffee and another 50 times a day to get mom a drink. Nobody anywhere is going to do that for them. But, if they are in a place that can bathe them more than once a week, and make sure they brush their teeth twice a day, and get dad up if he falls....then it will be worth it just to ease the anxiety for me.

As far as the shoulder - I've had a cortisone shot in it before and it's like magic. Takes a couple days to get the full effect and doesn't hurt at all so sign me up!