Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Devonviolet

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WOW! I've just been catching up on your crazy life, FEM!!!

You are doing an amazing job dealing with not one, but TWO parents with Alzheimer's! Most people struggle to manage one parent with that, but you are doing it with aplomb. Good for you! I am really impressed and so glad you have managed to find a place to put them, where they will be safe and well cared for.

What a shame about your DIL breaking her arm, because a "slightly inebriated" woman was allowed to drive the go cart. I hope she heals quickly!

I look forward to learning about the true sex of your sweet little piglets. I shared with DH, about all your "males". He thought that was hilarious!!! :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet - Thanks for the kind words. I'll certainly admit that my life has taken a detour these last few months. But, there's a lot of good that goes along with the challenges.

I STILL haven't sexed all the piglets, but I did buy a couple scalpels yesterday. Hope I can get that procedure done this weekend for sure. The AGH's sure have itty bitty ones, lol. Hope that means they are easy to remove!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I learned some things today:
1. Itty bitty pigs have itty bitty testicles!
2. It's hard to hold an itty bitty squirming piglet and remove his testicles at the same time.
3. There is nothing itty bitty about a piglets voice.
4. Scalpels are SHARP!

I'm wearing a big ol bandaid on my finger because scalpels are sharp and piglet testicles are so small.

I told DH that if I start grunting and rooting to just toss me out in the pasture with my brothers because we co-mingled blood today!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah! How many boy piggies? Seriously, our pig farmer friend never does his boys alone, it's really a 2 person job so kudos to you!

Sounds like quite the adventure!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL - I still don't know how many! I just grabbed a piglet and cut...then grabbed a piglet and cut...then I cut myself so I didn't grab any more piglets! Hoping to get DH out to be a helper/holder tomorrow. If we can get up early - before the oldsters - we should be able to get 'er done. I need chain mail gloves! Seriously - their little goobers are smaller than a cashew...wonder if that's why the call 'em nuts, lol!!

Devonviolet

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I told DH that if I start grunting and rooting to just toss me out in the pasture with my brothers because we co-mingled blood today!
:lol: :yuckyuck :lol:
That is just too funny!!!

I'm with @NH Homesteader. It is a 2 person job . . . one to hold and one to cut & pull testicles.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Technically I "knew" it was not a job for one person...but because I have delusions of grandeur I thought I might be able to pull it off. If the little suckers would just be still and let me cut 'em it would have been so much easier! Silly little pigs!

Latest posts