Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You all have worse weather than us! Well, it's colder here probably but no snow at least! We've had an easy beginning to winter. I could use about 3 more weeks before winter hits!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
If it's going to be this nasty we might as well have some snow, lol!
Yep… It's cold out this evening and the wind was unpleasant this afternoon with some scattered rain in-between. They say that rain may turn to snow tonight, when the serious cold is due. I'm curious what we're going to get up to tomorrow morning.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Not to be outdone by Texas, it's snowing lol. Not going to stick though, just flurries!
Ahh, jinxed yourself when you said no snow! lol Be careful what you wish for. Goodness, the weather's been completely nuts this last half of the year?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am so proud of my detective skills, lol! This whole truck title fiasco....grrrr!

So, I start doing some investigating and trying to find out who the lienholder on this truck might be since the DMV won't confirm. I quizzed mom/dad last night and of course they don't remember who they financed the truck with a hunnert years ago. I also start trying to get mom a replacement SS card and for some of their stupid identity questions they ask about debt you might have with certain companies. Well, I know they don't have any debt so my little brain is going around in circles. I am wondering how I can get a copy of their past debt that might, just might have the lender of their truck from more than a decade ago.

Some years ago I signed up for Credit Karma because I had a fraud alert on one of my credit cards and I wanted to be able to keep tabs on all my credit. They keep a record of your debts and debtors. Drum roll please! I created a Credit Karma account for my dad. I have his SS# so it wasn't hard. Look back through his credit history and find a credit union that they had an account with right about the year they bought that truck. I called the credit union and gave them the vin# for the truck and VOILA! They were the original lien holder! Whoopie! I can go in and pick up an original release of lien. That's the first step in this ridiculous convoluted journey.

Next step is to get mom's SS card replaced. Then I can get her a state issued ID. Then I can take their ID's, my ID, and the POA's for both parents to the DMV office nearly 50 miles from here and get a replacement title for the truck. Geeze - what a flippin' mess but I'm so excited that that I'm at least getting the prelims done.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was quite proud of myself, lol.

Going to be 24 degrees here tonight.
Crazy as it sounds - I wish we were gonna get that cold. It sure does help eliminate the spring bugs if we get a nice hard freeze. I think we're headed for 34-ish.... and a small chance of snow. :hu It's been wet, rainy and drizzly for three days now - I'm OVER it!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I filled all the water tubs and stuff up. I turned the cut off valves to the outside faucets off and opened up the faucets. I can bust ice in the horse tank and water buckets for the sheep. I pour hot water in tubs for the chickens. When we get a week or two of sub freezing weather, I have to bust ice in the horse tank with a shovel. I fill big pots and boil water on the stove and pour over the ice. It won't be bad this go-round, tonight will be the coldest.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, this is what I get for being a disbeliever.....We've Got SNOW on the GROUND! I did absolutely ZERO preps....didn't cover a faucet, didn't do anything because they said our low would be 34....I just checked the temp and it's right at 32 right now. Crazy!

Latest posts