Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We finally got rain last night! We have been in drought, sounds funny with most of Texas having been flooded. We are so grateful for the rain!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
your DH is amazing
He really is! I could NOT do this without him. But, I think it wears more on him than it does on me sometimes. With his own health problems sometimes it's asking a lot of him...sigh. But, he's a trooper and keeps on keepin' on!

He's going to town this morning to take HIS mom shopping. She lives in a senior community and a lot of times she gets rides with other folks who live there - but this morning she needs to go shopping so he's going to take her. And to think, we moved her down here a year ago so we could help her and we/he rarely have much time to give her. :( She's a sweetheart though. She's the kind of person who has never met a stranger and everyone loves her so she doesn't have a shortage of help.

@baymule - we got it too, but we didn't really need any more... I looked at radar before I crawled in bed last night and thought ya'll would probably get a good soaking.

@NH Homesteader - I don't have a mini-fridge here. Do have two full-size refrigerators though. Might consider re-arranging, but they kinda forget about the extra one even though it's sitting right in the dining room. But, when they see the snacks that I leave out it works out pretty well. Kinda feels like leaving cookies out for Santa, lol.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The next time you're dealing with gooey-dry chocolate ensure or similar type messes in your fridge, saturate a wash cloth or dish towel with hot water and lay it on the spill. Walk away. Come back in a half hour or so and the whole mess wipes right up. Soaking is the new scrubbing!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's stressful, and it is weird, but it has become our new normal.

This. Like so many things in life, you end up with a new rhythm, new expectations.

I hate to say this, but there are certain aspects of this that are a bit amusing. Like the whole "I'll buy you a Caterpillar" statement...and when mom tried to put a Kleenex box on her foot yesterday thinking it was a shoe. I'll probably go to hell for laughing at those things - but if so - I've got no regrets!

No, the laughter is important! When she remembered, my mom started to write down some of the hilarious things my grandmother said or did. These are some of the stories you want to remember, because the rest can be very depressing and difficult. It needs balance. My grandmother got to the point where no facility would take her so my mother took her in, so she was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers and dementia. And she was bitter and angry a lot; so funny stuff was always a welcome relief!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whew, what a day...and last night was just one challenge after another. I taped the fridges shut and dad did NOT like it....I could hear him hollering from upstairs. He was yelling that he was gonna get a knife (all sharp knives are secured) and cut them apart. I walked in about that time and tapped him on the back since he was facing away from me and he can't hear.... he turned around with death in his eyes. He cursed me and said "how dare I do that...and that I've been pushing and pushing and he wanted to walk out the door and never come back." Wow! I explained to him that he risked dropping something and breaking it and cutting his feet badly since he doesn't wear shoes. I told them both that every single morning I find something left out that has to be thrown away. He didn't care, lol. The only thing he cared about was the snacks that I showed him. He sucks them down like a starving man... I just don't get it.

He thinks this is HIS house and that I'm visiting. He keeps asking me when I'm going home, lol.

That all happened about 3am...3:45 I hear their door alarm go off and I look down and he's at the front door trying to undo the lock. I go down and again - touch him on the back and tell him he needs to go back to bed. Five thirty he's at it again. And, of course mom had to pee about 3 times. Door alarm goes off every time and I jump up every time. At one point DH is griping that HIS sleep has been disturbed TWICE - I'm sorry - I was mean to him after that...

Hospice is coming at 9am tomorrow and I'm anxious to hear what they can offer. At this point I think dad qualifies too. With mom slipping so fast I was trying to ignore his issues. At least three times lately he's gotten really aggressive...not violent...but very, very angry. I told him last night that he didn't get to yell at me in my own home.

Still haven't found the testicled piglet again. But I will - if I can ever get outside in daylight.

I've got quail in the brooder that are big enough to go outside. Need to put a big note on the cage when I finally get them moved to remind me to shut the gate securely.

It literally rained allllllllllllll day long - yay - we needed more rain - NOT!

I called our care-giver and she's coming by tomorrow afternoon so I can take care of some business in town. I might just go park somewhere and sleep in my truck, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy moly.... I could not do what you are doing right now. I REALLY hope they can offer you more help in the morning because... Just:hugs

Good luck finding that piggie! And getting outside.... Just to breathe. Don't think it matters much if you get things accomplished, just time to breathe and hang out with the critters would be nice.

Andy btw:hugs:hugs:hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll! I actually feel kinda bad that I dump all this on ya'll, but your support means a lot. Really!

Back atcha.....:hugs:hugs:hugs