Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So glad you've got regular care coming in! My grandmother also had regular assisted bathing and you're right, it can be quite an ordeal so it's nice to have people come to help with that. Reading about your experience is just making me think so much about my grandparents. Even though I didn't live with them, with my mother as the main caregiver I knew how things were going and would be immersed in the situation when I went to visit.
My grandfather never had any issues mentally, but he died several years before my grandmother.
Haven't two parents at home is probably too heavy of a work load.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They may be angry but, soon forget that -- like in 5 minutes ;)

The stress on YOU however, is powerful & it's hard for you to forget. I lost my "mother" years before she passed. Makes it difficult to work with a person "you don't know" because you lose the association, you become "just" their caretaker. Let them give her those anxiety meds -- give her full dose! It makes a huge difference. :old I'm glad you are getting help!! It will be very good to relieve some of the tedious, time consuming care for you to have more time for other things in life.

I'm just catching up after several days waiting for this new satellite system.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll!

Changing the subject here cuz sometimes you just have to!

Cowboy has a new kid!!!! He loves his new kid. He loves his new kid enough to jump the fence and go visit him every time the kid is out! This is the little boy next door. Cowboy just loves him - and he loves Cowboy!

image.jpg
image.jpg

They are kind enough to put a little rope on him and hold him for me too!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agreed! I sent mom a text saying that very same thing - she thanked us for letting them borrow Cowboy, lol!

Latest posts