Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs Hospice sounds wonderful and I'm so glad to hear they are taking good care of your mom. I'm hoping they can somehow work out how to let her and your dad share a room, but for now it sounds like things are looking up over there and I am so glad. You enjoy critter time and lots of goat and dog hugs.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, progress on farm stuff begins again. Today we got the first leg of the electric fence for Cowboy put up. I turned him loose in the pasture and came inside, opened windows and am waiting to hear a yelp. I'm even hoping to hear a yelp. And, I don't even feel guilty about it! :hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking....I won't know if he's tested it unless I hear him object!

So grateful to DS for helping me out with it....but I think I "get" it now and can do the necessary expansion. We only got one short section up today but it is the section that he goes over most often.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Well, hopefully he'll learn and it will work for keeping him in and confined to where he needs to stay. Talking about learn, I can't tell you how many times DS touched them to see if they are on… They usually are. A few months later he'll find the next one and check anyway :\

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Big hugs. Sometimes you just can't catch them when they fall. My Mom fell and broke her arm with me standing right next to her. This may be hard on them right now, but it is hard on them, no matter what or where. Prayers for you and your family.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My only gripe is that mom had just stood up just a few minutes before that and they had to settle her back down, so they knew she was not just sitting pretty and content in her chair. Anyway, true that ya can't always catch 'em....just kills me anyway. She's so frail. Dad can fall and bounce back up - he's well padded. Mom is tiny and fragile and has no extra padding anywhere.

Changing subjects now!

DH and I are gonna sit down and do a pay per view. Maybe I can even get a foot rub!

Tomorrow we will head out and visit with the parents, then go to DH's eye doc apt for his pre-surgery injection into his eye. Hope we can stop at our favorite restaurant on the way home. Wednesday is the 4th surgery on his left eye. And, more missed work for me. :(

Cowboy has been out in the pasture for several hours now and while he's going back and forth between pens - he hasn't breached the perimeter fence. YaY! (so far). We're supposed to get really cold here Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Yuck, ugh, poo poo, I'm tired of winter!

Hard to believe we're nearly half-way through January!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hard to believe we aren't even halfway through January! Lol sorry... Perspective must depend on the thermometer!

Yay for having a relaxing evening! Hope this surgery does the trick. At least you will have more energy to deal with DH's health now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Perspective must depend on the thermometer!
You are right about that... but if we're nearly halfway through January then we're closer to February and since February is the coldest month that means we're closer to the coldest month and as soon as we're through with the coldest month then we're closer to spring and I SO WANT SPRING TO BE HERE!!!

Mostly I want spring break. Spring break is when we'll have Christmas with the kiddos/grandkiddos! I miss not having Christmas with them. Doing it on spring break means I don't even have to share them with anyone else!

DH and I did a pay per view and watched "IT". Yikes - I'll probably have nightmares tonight!

And - just a purely random thought - but why does cold weather and a little adrenaline make me want ice cream?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Eek you are more brave than me! I won't be seeing that one!

Ooh Yay for spring break and Christmas with the grandkids! Spring will come... Really....