Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I watched "It" at the cinema and absolutely loved it. Those kids are just :love Wonderful cast!

Ice cream is said to make you feel warmer when you eat it. Wish coffee made you feel cooler on hot days :\

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Busy day today. I managed to get outside and feed this morning before we started our errands. We had to go to Wally world and pick up some more hygiene products for mom/dad. Went to the AL facility and visited for awhile. Mom asked me "how did you know we were here?" Hmmmm, maybe because I took you there, lol. I'm glad we went because it did help put my mind at ease. Despite her fall, she doesn't have a visible mark on her...except for the missing bridgework. Even that wasn't that noticeable. She actually seems to be a little more 'with it' than she was the last few times I saw her. Maybe the antibiotics are kicking the UTI. For whatever reason old folks do NOT endure UTI's very well. It literally makes their mind go. Seriously. I don't know what it is, but it hits them so hard. Dad is getting better too. They told me they're starting to hear his war stories and the stories of his youth. He will talk to a fence post if he thinks it's listening, lol.

Then we had to go to DH's pre-surgical check up for his eye surgery on Wednesday. Surgery is scheduled, but who knows if the weather is going to co-operate. We just heard that our college/schools are closed tomorrow and maybe on Wednesday too. Supposed to get wintery precip tomorrow morning...hope it's gone by the time I need to drive him to the surgery center early Wednesday morning.

Stopped on the way home at our favorite hole in the wall Chinese Buffet. They really have good seafood there and I had a half-dozen raw oysters, some crawfish and some crab! I'm fat and happy right now, lol!

I think today was the first day I started to relax a bit.

Listening to the weather warnings reminds me I need to go get the 12 pack of root beer outta my truck. Don't need any root beer explosions - my truck is dirty enough already!

Oh... and Cowboy did get bitten by the fence in the small area I had up and running - so he just found a new spot to go over it where there's no electric up yet. That will be my first chore this weekend if the weather cooperates. Grrrrr that dog!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So true about the UTI, my mom told me that when she worked in a nursing home and I thought it was crazy, but then I saw how nutty my step-grandfather was when he had one.... He tried to brew bananas in the coffee pot... And he didn't even have dementia.

Happy to hear you talking about the farm again. Will enjoy reading the Cowboy adventures again!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my....that DOG!

So glad we're off work tomorrow so I can get some more catching up done around here....even if we're getting wintery precip I need to be outside doing some farm stuff.

I need to put fresh hay over my veggies again tomorrow. I think I mentioned that I've got broccoli that's coming on! So excited about that! Saw today that Wally world is putting out all it's garden paraphernalia. Whoop, whoop! I might go buy some of those seed starting kits...such an easy way to get things going. I always say I'm gonna do starts in Dixie cups or toilet paper tubes - but I never do.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last year I bought a box of 1,000 of those peat pellets that you add water to and they expand into a peat pot. I already had the plastic flats from buying bedding plants. I have used those seed starting mini greenhouses before-they work good. My Dixie cup starter do it my self things failed.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You sound much more relaxed and happier and that is so good to hear!

Goodness, Cowboy… He does make me laugh though. Well, you have time to take care of that now, in-between DH's surgery. Best of luck to him with that. :hugs and :fl

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo wee....we are catching it with the winter weather this morning! Temps are dropping like a rock, wind is howling, moisture is falling from the sky and it's about to be a big ol' mess around here! We're just not set up for these kinda temps! It's still above freezing right now, but it's getting colder every minute. Houston is supposed to get into the teens overnight tonight. I wish I would have been able to get outside yesterday to take care of some of these things, but life didn't allow it. Means I'll be suited up and outside when the sun comes up to get some things done.

We'll be watching conditions closely today and may/probably cancel DH's surgery tomorrow. Not worth getting up and driving icy roads just to get cut on, lol. I think we'll be hunkering down for a day or so. And, after all this mess of teen temps and freezing precip - we're supposed to be back in the 70's Saturday.:th

Not looking forward to outside chores today!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Stay safe and warm out there! We are getting storms again, a bit of snow this morning, but still above freezing. It's difficult dealing with low temperatures when you're used to heat! lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yuck! We'll be getting that tomorrow, but we have snow tires! Lol. Hope it's not too much of a mess for you. Goodness knows Cowboy won't be happy!