Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've finally made up my mind what I want for Christmas and my birthday. DH and I haven't done Christmas yet cuz we just had too much going on at that time. So.... I think I want an Instant Pot for Christmas and a new Convection Toaster Oven for my upcoming birthday. And.... ugh...I think my microwave is dying - but I'm not terribly worried about it. I might try to live without one. "Try" being the operative word, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@tortoise - I didn't even know they existed until (I think it was) you mentioned it in one of your posts. They look/sound absolutely awesome and I can't wait to get it. I think I'm going to get the 6qt Ultra 10 in 1 Multi Use and hope I can do it justice, lol!

So excited!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The 8 quart size fits a chicken soup carcass with legs removed. ;) frozen chunk to falling off the bone tender and perfect bone broth in 90 minutes!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM -- I can feel from your posts that you have been able to relax with your parents & the AL situation. So glad. It is better for them for all the things you have mentioned....esp the other residents for "company" & socialization. Of course, it is better for you & DH, too. Less stress and now you can have a life again. It's great.

So, now that you have all this free time, you can breed goats!! :lol: I swear I had a couple does in heavy heat but it was snowy and freezing. Well, they were told to shut up and wait -- I was not fighting all that right then. Next week will be time for 2 to cycle again....others close behind. I don't even care that they will deliver later. In fact was concerned we may have bad winter and did not try to breed for early kids. This time last year 4 of 8 had kids on the ground :idunno

Something killed two of my hens last night, in the bar. Looks like prob a possum. Gonna be a dead one if I see it!! Haven't had one around in well over a year...know it isn't same one, he died. :hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Now ya tell me, lol. I think for just the two of us the 6 quart will be ok. I'll just have to make sure to only freeze cut up chicken parts instead of a whole chicken! I'm so excited ...it'll be here early next week. Can't wait to start experimenting with it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses - You are right - I can feel myself relaxing more every day. Despite their rough start they looked wonderful when I saw them Monday. I'll go back again this weekend and make sure things are the same and that all is still well. I'm still catching up on sleep! I've been to bed very early almost every night, lol. Like tonight - it's 7:30 and I'm ready to climb those stairs!

I don' think I have more than a few goats bred...and I fleetingly thought about turning a buck out into the pasture for about 10 days just to see if he can catch a few more. But, that would give me June babies....argh! Late summer babies don't do so well here. I've had babies born in really cold weather and they do so much better than babies born in our oppressive heat. So, it'll be a quiet spring around here. Maybe I can concentrate on the garden.

Hope you get that possum!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Quiet spring... Might be a good thing! Focusing on the garden... Definitely a good thing!

I wish I had 2 does bred instead of possibly 5... Sigh. Some of 'em might get the FEM treatment and keep kids on them until I decide if I want that milk or not, lol!

Latest posts