Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I thought I had eleven originally, and today I think I only counted 10 - but they're quick little buggers and never stand still for a head count. But, they look good - even Tiny! They're finally getting to that "oh, you're the feed bucket" stage and like me enough so that I can sneak in a belly rub on 'em without 'em freaking out. They are so stinkin' cute!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And pigs turn into bacon, sausage, roast, ribs, and ham! LOL

WTH? We already had winter! And here it is again! Going to be freaking TWELVE degrees here tonight!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
12 is not okay! 20 is not even ok. I went out three times today in this mess- ugh.

Surgical center canceled all surgeries tomorrow- yay! I didn't wanna go anyway! Now if I could just get some clarification on if I have to work tomorrow... It's not official yet but it's likely.

I'm in bed with the heated mattress pad on high and a heating pad- and I'm still cold ..., brrrrr!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, can the heating systems you have for your houses handle this cold? I mean when it's - 20 out we can keep our house at 80 if we want to (we don't), but my boiler is way overkill for spring and fall when it's like in the 40's.

Yay for canceled surgeries! Hope you get to stay home and stay warm!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Glad your DH don't have to go out for the surgery today! Now keeping fingers crossed that you can stay home from work as well.

How are your parents doing?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
o, can the heating systems you have for your houses handle this cold? I mean when it's - 20 out we can keep our house at 80 if we want to (we don't), but my boiler is way overkill for spring and fall when it's like in the 40's.
No problems at all with the heating system keeping warm. It'll roast you out if you want it to. It's a regular ol' central air/heat system and works too well sometimes. That's for the downstairs. Weird enough, whoever built this house didn't extend the central heat and air upstairs. There are baseboard heaters in the bedrooms which we have rarely used. Used them when the kiddos were little and they work great too. I kind of like it because I don't have to heat or cool the whole house at once. Lowest temp I saw on our little weather station was 20. We didn't use any heat at all upstairs last night. I have a heated mattress pad on our bed and that is all the heat we needed. However - it was COLD in our room when we woke up!

I left the faucet dripping all night, but had a scare this morning anyway. Don't know why or what happened, but the hot water was reluctant to come on and when it did it was dirty! UGH.... But, I let it run a little and everything seems to be ok now. :idunno Don't know if that was an omen of some kind of badness yet to come. :fl

Haven't been out yet, but did a cursory peek out an upstairs window and at first glance all seems well. Oh...and I had to really work to get that window open.

On my last outside run last night I had a heck of a time opening all gates and latches. How do people live like this all winter long? Just too much work lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah... It's not fun, lol. None of my outside gates are shoveled out so the only way in and out of the goat pen is through the barn. Of course, they haven't ventured outside in ages lol. Brats

How's the weather today?