Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He weighed in at 7.4 lbs. Hope he makes at least a bit of a gain today. Guess we'll have to get the Conan fan club started, lol!

Found out that this surgery is more involved than all his previous ones- yay. DH is a bit nervous ... Can't say that I blame him.

I'm ready for them to get him in to surgery so I can go back to the big waiting room and nap!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do need to get pictures. I hope to get him outside a little this afternoon so I'll try to get some then.

Surgery could take 60-90 minutes depending on what he finds when he gets in there. He said if DH needed any more laser surgery he'd do that too while he's in there. His other surgeries have been in the 30 - 45 minute range. He still says that this is not an instant fix and optimum vision may be six months out....argh! Im afraid this recovery will be more painful...but that's just my guess. :idunno

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Surgery went great! Doc did another vitrectomy to clean out the inside of the eye ball - peeled the extra membrane away that was blocking vision - and polished his cataract lens, lol. We got out of there in much less time than was indicated and I just surprised my boss and co-worker and came to work. I'll have to take DH back for his follow-up/check-up tomorrow and will likely miss most of the day so I wanted to get some hours in today.

Conan was hungry when we got home and sucked down nearly 6 ounces and was looking for more. I started him on 4 ounces 4 times a day but he's blowing through that like he's starving. Will check his weight this afternoon and adjust from there.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are definitely glad this surgery is OVER! May there be no more!

Conan gained 1.4 lbs! Guess going from 4 oz's to 6 oz's was what he needed. But even after 3 big feedings today he's still fussing for more. Hell get one more feeding at bedtime. If his tummy tolerates the increased amount I'll start thinking about the next increase.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 134

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not so awesome at attaching pics from my phone, lol. But, he's so funny - he was under that chair looking for a ninny - like "are you my mama?" Poor little fella! He enjoys getting out of his pen and creating hell and havoc all over the breezeway! He's discovering his legs AND his voice!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Awwwh....he needs a playmate! How dare you bring him home alone :hide :lol: Maybe you could have "borrowed" one to bring with him & return it in a couple months, or years.:idunno

He is a cutie!! Love those little things. Mine won't be getting here until April, May & maybe even Jun. So late this year. But it's ok. They'll get weaned earlier & moms bred earlier for 2019.

So glad to hear DH surgery went well, even if it does look longer than desired for results you want. Hey, may be better than now anyhow. That's a plus, right?

And it sounds like parents are settling down. It won't happen in 2 weeks...maybe 2 months but, it will work out. There will be days when you see some relapse but, you did what was right for them and their care. There should be no guilt, look in the mirror and tell that person they did the right thing:hugs