Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Work sure gets in the way!

10X that one!!! Why can't they just send my check & let me do makeup when I can ? :idunno :lol:

I bred my does late &only a few BUT -- they will kid during my normally busiest work time. All have kidded easily before, so I am pretty much ok with it. Do like to be there tho. At least it is warm weather time....end March & April.

Sooooooooooo......I assume we will had kid pics before long. Right FEM ??? Take the phone/cam, whatever. :D

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pics? Of what? MUD!?!? Cuz I shore ain't got no babies yet...:th Dare I say that maybe Cocoa will go today? At this point I'd just as soon they wait until the weekend.... Not likely since that's what I WANT them to do. Udders keep growing, ligaments keep getting softer... geeze. I'm really only concerned about the FF's... Cocoa will very likely be fine on her own.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We'll- looky here at what I found when I got home from work today!

image.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Knock me over with a feather - Cocoa had a single buckling.... But, I'm glad to have this little fella for sentimental reasons anyway. When I first looked at him I thought where in the heck did this little black goat come from....? Back when mom and dad were here and my life was upside down I lost a black pygmy buck...but it sure looks like he left his mark! Makes me feel a tiny bit better. Not sure what I'll do with him though. He's technically 3/4 pygmy and 1/4 Nubian. I don't need any more small bucks, so he'll probably have to move along. Now I just need to decide if I wanna pull him and bottle feed him so I can sell him early and milk his mama or just keep him around to make my heart feel good for awhile!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Now THAT is what I meant to get pics of...:) Not mud. :rolleyes:

He is adorable, tho. Does Conan need a friend? He's still on a bottle, right? Milk mom & feed both of them.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
He's adorable! I would keep him around for a bit :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm sure I will. I don't have any more black goats...and they are so pretty. If I thought he'd get bigger than a 3/4 pygmy usually gets I might find a place for him. I keep intending to sell my Nigi buck. I'm not pleased with teat size from him - but he does make a well attached udder....just those tiny finger-cramping teats. However, since I have a machine to milk with it's not a huge consideration. I'm going to milk-train these two FF's and see how much milk I get from them. Sure glad Cocoa got bred this time because she is definitely reliable in the milk quantity dept. I think I can get close to a gallon a day out of her when she gets to full production. And, with just one baby I need to start milking her fairly soon to get the 'demand' going so she'll produce up to her capabilities.

In garden news - I've GOT to find a place to put some tomato plants. I have a pen in back of the barn that's not being used for anything right now so I might stick a few plants out there. I had some volunteer squash that came up a couple years ago in that spot so I know it's capable of supporting a plant or twelve. Might try to get that done this weekend. Hope the tiller will start... always a gamble the first time I try to get it going, lol. If not, I've got a shovel and a rake.