Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Crazy mixed up kinda goats, lol. This cross will have a smattering of every breed of goat on my place, lol. Both of these gals have (different) Kinder mom's that were bred to the Nigi buck. One of them was bred to a (technically) Kinder buck that is 3/4 pygmy and 1/4 Nubian. He's small and colorful. The other one...not even sure who she's bred to - I think to the same buck. I had it written on lasts year's calendar and last year's calendar has plum disappeared. :hu I tell DH to NEVER throw away a calendar... grrrrrr! But - kind of excited to see what I get!

Both of these does and their kids SHOULD be on the short list if I really go through with phasing out the smaller goats. But we know what kind of problem I have letting go of goats, lol. And, one of the soon to be mama's is the little gal that broke her leg Christmas 2016. I'm kinda attached...and her mama has one of the purtiest udders on the place. See ...it's starting already....making excuses to keep goats! I'm pathetic.....o_O

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Well, if you have space for them all (the goats and tomato plants that is ;) ) Can't wait to see the new babies!

Glad your shoulder is feeling better already. How is it today? And how is DH's eyesight now?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Space wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for all this wet stuff we have. The gate area between my neighbor and I (he's the one that lets me use his pasture) is so wet that none of the critters will try to get through it. The horses are on the other side and haven't even tried to cross through that quagmire to come up at feeding time. I did see one of the little pigs try to get through and literally had to swim or drown! As soon as it dries up (if ever) I'll try to fill that area in so it doesn't get so boggy.

When I first bought this house there was a sidewalk between this house and the neighbors on the other side of us. We tore it up and took the sidewalk pieces to the back of the pasture. I'm thinking I'll take the tractor out there and try to move those pieces of concrete back up here to go in the wallowed out gate gap. I haven't seen the goats go 'out' to the pasture in weeks. They sit up here and destroy all the round bales, lol. I've just let 'em have at it.

Space for the tomatoes might be a worse issue if the garden doesn't dry up. I might do like @baymule did in the past and make a space for 'em in the front yard!!

Shoulder is much better... I can do normal stuff now like pick up my coffee cup without pain. Heavier work still brings a twinge that reminds me it's not 100% yet, but it will be! DH's eyesight.... still fluctuating. Overall, it's better so that's good!

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It sounds like all the rain is wreaking havoc by you guys. It is so difficult to work around flooded areas that won't dry up and out. Rain is wonderful, but too much of a good thing can be a pain sometimes!

Glad your shoulder is feeling better! Gosh, was it that bad? :hugs You must've been in some pain and pray tell why you waited so long to go see the doctor? Glad DH is seeing better and keeping my fingers crossed for him that it will keep improving.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad your shoulder is feeling better! Gosh, was it that bad? :hugs You must've been in some pain and pray tell why you waited so long to go see the doctor?
Cuz I'm stubborn, lol! Kept thinking it would get better and sometimes it would improve a little and I expected it to continue to get better - but then something would happen to re-injure it.

However, I learned how to do things that would mitigate the pain..... like... keeping my elbow close to my body to pick anything up. By not extending the arm, the shoulder didn't bear the weight and didn't hurt as much. Biggest issue was reaching behind me to do something like put my phone in my hip pocket or to hook or unhook a bra strap, crossing my arms to do something like take off a pull-over shirt - those movements were baaaad....but the absolute worst was trying to sleep. I have no idea why but there was absolutely NO position that was comfortable. This shoulder has an old separation injury so it's more prone to problems, but thankfully the problem is not a bone/joint problem - it's mostly tendonitis.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm glad you finally had that checked out and is getting treated for it :hugs I'm much the same with injuries, always wait to see how they fair before going to the doctor. Most of the time they heal up fine without intervention.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep - I'm a firm believer in giving the body a chance to heal itself....sometimes it's a good idea - sometimes not, lol!

Not raining today so I need to get busy! Gonna go look for a place to stick some tomato plants. I think I've got some tubs that I can use. I think the broccoli in some of the tubs is done, so I can take those plants out and stick some 'maters in. I think I can get by with at least two plants in each of these 30 gallon tubs.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Easy on that shoulder today! ;)

What is the chance of an update pic on cute stuff (Conan)?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
image.jpg
Just so happens that I snapped a shot of him a few minutes ago. I'm thrilled that he's learning to browse!