Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My Kinder's are all over in size! I think they get more consistent when you get several generations down the road. Cocoa was an F1 and she was 130 lbs. Not real tall, but really deep and stayed fat on air.

Lucy has delivered one baby so far and guess what? It's a BOY - ugh. Need to get out there and see what else she miht have for me.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did you get a girl?? 130 is pretty big! Definitely bigger than my minis, although Mimosa might be close to that.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for another one and a girls this time!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Aww, glad you have healthy critters! Everyone always wants more girls lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The babies are healthy...easiest baby crop I think I've ever had. Hate to say it but the cool weather has probably had something to do with it. But, I want warm.

It was mid-40's this morning and it's windy - but the sun is OUT! I'm ok with that, lol. Gimme the sun and I'll take whatever else comes with it. Just need that vitamin D.

Lil Red is not out of the woods. She really didn't improve at all yesterday and I was worried about what I'd find this morning. She's still hanging in there even though she looks exhausted. But as long as she wants to fight - we'll fight. Her diarrhea is horrid....watery...and is expelled just about every time she moves. That's not a terrible thing but she's not drinking anything so I'm worried about dehydration which would surely do her in. I drenched her again with baking soda and water this morning then followed up with more warm water spiked with vitamins and electrolytes. She got another shot of banamine to help with the tummy unrest and cramps and an injection of sub-q vit B complex. I offered her a couple of leaves and she turned up her nose at them... I'm ok with her not wanting to eat, but I'll have to really work to keep her hydrated. This isn't going to be resolved quickly - if at all.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Why oh why do we raise animals that eat themselves to death. Those goats... I hope she pulls through :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A little bit of positive since this morning. After all her treatments this morning she got a bit of a spark back in her eyes. (even though she hates me now, lol) I trimmed some branches and tossed them in the pen with the mama goats expecting her to take zero interest but she walked over and checked them out. I didn't see her really eat any - and I'm ok with that right now. I'm not going to push her to eat ANY thing for a day or so. I might offer her a little handful of oatmeal this evening but certainly not gonna insist that she eat it. I've only got a tiny bit of hay left and I'll put that out this evening too. I'll pick up some more tomorrow. I'll be ok if she wants to nibble on hay...it'll help stimulate that rumen to get moving again.

Latest posts