Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It feels like just the other day when you took Conan home and he was all eyes and legs and cute. Time flies and they grow up much to quickly.

How is your DH now? Hope you had a restful night :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Making yogurt tonight! Sure hope it works - I like yogurt! Looks like I'll be picking zucchini and yellow squash by the weekend. I'm always surprised when it's actually time to start picking, lol. It's like a little miracle.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah picking? I just started seeds, lol. Curious how the yogurt turns out, I made some last night too!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I can't wait to start picking vegetables, but I'm still a few weeks off. Mine's just starting to grow lol We have warm weather coming which will help some though :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Curious how the yogurt turns out, I made some last night too
My yogurt always comes out runny, but I'm ok with that. I know you can use powdered milk to thicken it - but I don't need it to be thick. It's spoonable, but barely.

Got a nice haul of food pantry rejects yesterday. It's so weird that the food pantry supplier brings basically just one or two types of produce on each run. They deliver every other week. One delivery was watermelon - the one before that was cabbage - before that was all those onions. This time it was bok choy. So far the goats and pigs hated the onions (don't really blame 'em for that) but they loved, loved, loved the watermelon and the cabbage and they're really chowing down on the bok choy now. Oh...and I got about 30 lbs of potatoes too. Pigs eat those pretty well. I've seen a goat try to take a bite of one, but they don't really pursue it vigorously. They're happy to munch on their green stuff while the pigs eat the brown stuff. Oh yea - there have been a few carrots too and they are well received by all the critters. Chickens have gotten some of the bounty also. Nothing much goes to waste at my place, lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mine too. But it says if you hold the high temp for 20 mins it'll be thicker. Haven't tried that yet. I use it for smoothies mostly so runny is OK.

Awesome on the food, except the onions loll