Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, that is so sad, poor guy :( I remember watching a programme on TV a few years ago. A young woman went and did a jump and her parachute didn't open. She landed in a parking lot and miraculously survived, in spite of some serious injuries. She woke up in hospital some time later and the doctor told her her baby's fine… She was a few weeks pregnant at the time of the jump, but didn't know it yet (obviously). Incredibly her baby was unharmed and was born perfect when the time came. Talk about a double miracle?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is so tragic, FEM! I would never do anything like that. Plenty of other ways to die without jumping out of planes!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Taking a little break...DH is still not home from the movies...he took the grand and his mom out for a late lunch and discovered that he'd left his wallet in the theater. He went back and they won't let him go look for it until the next movie is over....geeze louise! He tends to forget things quite often but dang - your WALLET!!! GEEZE...GRRRRR...ARGHHHHH! Big sigh....SMH

Okay....now back to our regularly scheduled posting.

Got a lot done today in the garden.....lotsa mulching, lotsa planting, some more watering. I'll leave the tree planting until tomorrow thank ya very much. This body doesn't want to do more work today. Still gotta milk and feed the front barnyard goats but after that it's a shower and some quiet time on my butt!

Might even chance a glass of vino and just hope there are no leg cramps to go along with it.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hoping to get the garden to a place where I can just stand back and watch until it's time to start picking!

Grrrreat! Pkg that method & market it. Then we will all know a new millionaire! Geeesh. Hey, I see pictures of some of these "natural farm gardens" and I swear, mine has the same amount of weeds....why don't I get into a magazine???? :idunno THEN -- next issue has the perfectly weed free "natural farm gardens". I am not there OK, maybe first day I tilled & transplanted! :lol:

Not wanting to skydive. If plane on fire, I'd back out with parachute -- ok, stand backwards and get pushed out! :D It's almost as bad as jumping from a sinking ship in the ocean, no land in sight. NO! UH, I want to walk on the ground on my farm.:frow

ETA -- vino chilling here. Loooong week. Need a rest. Off tomorrow & may take Monday, also. Yep..2 days sounds awesome.!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Grrrreat! Pkg that method & market it.
With enough feed bags, heavy hay mulch and a good watering I should actually be able to stand back and watch for awhile! :)

That's the best part about putting in this much work now...especially since the weather is nice. I don't mind working my patootie off for awhile if it makes things easier for a longer while! I should be able to finish the last little bit of mulching tomorrow and I guarantee you I'll stand back and watch after that, lol!

Didn't get to 'Chester proof' the back area but I'll get to it. There's only a small area that he can get through - the little stinker!

Whew - DH found his wallet at the theater - and while he was looking for it his mom called and said she left her phone in his car... geeze their side of the family is the worst I've ever seen for forgetting things!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our daughter jumped out of the plane, strapped to someone who knew what he was doing. They swooped over our heads, coming in for a landing. She had fun, said she liked it. Her husband supported her in her sky diving, but no way would he jump out of an air plane. LOL

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Bungee jumping is where I draw the line, strangely, I'd rather jump 10x higher out of a plane, than off a bridge :idunno

FEM, glad your DH found his wallet! Sounds like you had a good day in the garden yesterday :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looky, looky, looky at what I've got!

image.jpg

First zucchini blossom of the season!

Have two blooms on a yellow squash plant and some of the bush beans are blooming too. YaY!