Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
3X what Bay said. Got that going on here and it isn't fun!!!
If they were still youngins I'd pop their butts and stop it all. At 48 & 51 can't quite do it. :cool:

I do give them both some "wisdom" talks. :lol: It's tough.

Hope it's just another of those too frequent down times they have & she'll regroup.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope it's just another of those too frequent down times they have & she'll regroup.
I hope so too - but this crap is getting old...

Mom is not good. I really don't think she'll come out of this one. She can no longer swallow so food and drink have been removed. They swab her mouth to keep it moist and even that makes her choke a little. She's on morphine every two hours to keep her comfortable. I need to go buy her a funeral dress and then figure out how we can get dad to the service. It will be in their hometown an hour away. I guess a medical transport service might be the best option.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:hugs I'm sorry to hear this. It is never easy, even when we "expect" the death. Touch base with A Place for Mom -- they often have lists of such services that are available for you. It would sure make things easier for you to have the info made available vice hunting for it. May God's Peace be with you.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks so much. It's almost surreal. You don't wish for it - but you don't wish for it NOT to happen either if it will bring peace and end suffering.

About getting dad to the service - I'm going to talk to the owner of the Assisted Living Facility. They are always having patients transported in and out of the place. If they don't have a good suggestion I'll talk to A Place for Mom.

Dad is more lucid and calmer than when I saw him last week when he was so negative and grumpy. They put him on an antibiotic for a UTI and his attitude is much better. They also put him back on Aricept. He told one of the caregivers that he was about to be a widower. His reaction to all of this is kind of surprising to me. While he seems to know it's about to happen - he is staying out of her room as much as he can. I guess he knows what's going on - but is basicaly in denial. I dunno...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhh thanks ya'll.

I decided I'd better go buy Mom something to wear to her funeral today. She had left us explicit directions to bury her in the dress she wore to HER mother's funeral. Unfortunately, that dress was lost in the flood. So, I walked into the dept store and the first saleswoman asked if she could help me find something special. I almost said "yep, something to bury my mother in" but I resisted. My warped sense of humor and all... :rolleyes: The second sales woman asked if I was shopping for a special occasion - GEEZE LOUISE people! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

At work I'm trying to get ahead on everything there could possibly be to do. We start our busiest six weeks of the year on Monday. I seriously hope I haven't forgotten something really important. After my sister died I had dead brain for at least a month. Couldn't do anything right.

But, life goes on no matter what kind of tragedy anyone is dealing with. I've got pork chops in the Instant Pot and I need to go milk. Picked a bunch more tomatoes outta the garden along with a couple zucchini, peppers and a handful of green beans. AND - the rattlesnake beans are starting to produce. Love, love, love those beans.

Latest posts