Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks! It really is doing pretty well! This is the first time I've had tomatoes in several years and I've eaten at least 4 today, lol. I'm loving it that finally I'm getting some reward for all the hours I've put into it. It might burn up in another month or so, but I'm enjoying the heck out of it right now!

Got the other half of the garden half mulched. There's nothing growing but weeds in the last 5 rows that still need mulched. I planted corn there but it didn't even show it's face. That's the third time and the second spot that I've planted corn. I guess if I have any more seed I might try again lol. I want me some corn - dammit!

I checked the air cells in the duck eggs just a few minutes ago and they look pretty good. Only one that looks kinda wonky... I'll lay them flat tomorrow. But, what timing...geeze. I'll be leaving early Sat morning so they won't be getting turned until I come home Sunday afternoon. But, I think they'll be ok. With shipped chicken eggs I sometimes don't turn 'em for the first couple of days just to let those air cells settle somewhat.

Tomorrow I've got to get to the feed store. I need everything... Ugh! Then I'll go by Wally World and pick up a few things for the trip. I'm so excited!! Still have some good chores to finish to get the critters ready to spend then night alone. I've got an unopened bale of hay and I'll pick up another tomorrow. That way the goats that are in pens can have something to munch on while we're gone.

It's 10pm and we're just now about to eat dinner. I worked hard today and I'm gonna sit down with a glass of wine and some of my home grown zucchini and fresh tomato salad and make a pig of myself!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds delicious! I'm so glad your garden is doing well and you're going to see the grandkids... And you're enjoying farmy things again. You deserve all of it, with your hard work and after taking care of your parents, and DH's health... Enjoy it! :hugs

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Your garden looks great! I'm hoping in a month or so's time mine will be that good too… I also had no joy with corn, so I put in some different seeds this week. Hopefully they will grow finally.

I'm glad you're going away for a bit this weekend. Go have fun! Forget about goats, eggs and garden and everything and go enjoy yourself :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had a quick visit with the grandkids - but it was worth the drive! Love them children so, so much! Got a call from my DS Saturday around 10pm telling me that a bad hail storm and a tornado had just gone through his neighborhood. His house is ok - he's going to have his roof inspected to see if there's any hail damage that isn't really visible. Lots and lots of trees down that grazed his roof and his electrical connection was nearly torn out of the house. Crazy, crazy. About a mile from his place - on a main road - a fence was down and a couple horses got out. Both got hit by vehicles one right after the other I think. One of them was hit so badly that it literally tore the poor animal in half. :(

We're headed over to DS's house for a barbeque and a bit of help with the clean up in just a few minutes.

I always cringe a little when I come home wondering what might have gone wrong while I was away - but things looked pretty good with one exception. Big Daddy pig was in the pen with the girly pigs. He's making me think hard about having him processed, lol. I keep him because his personality is so laid back and awesome. The other boars aren't mean, but they aren't as personable and friendly as he is.

Gotta get cleaned up and head out.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OK, so a few more piggies. eehhh....no biggie.

Glad your trip was good & sure the Grands were happy to see you. Soon they will be out of school and visiting your place. Then you can really enjoy them!

Hope all else is well. Sounds like DS may have some clean up but luckily not damage otherwise. Always something, right?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed your Christmas in May, lol! How is everything looking at your son's house?

Hmm more piggie babies huh? Troublemakers! Good thing they're edible. You might not need a boar anymore, you've got enough pigs to eat for a long time! Lol!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DS's house is good! He lost a lot of trees AND the Christmas lights on the house. He's a believer in leaving them up year round, lol. Maybe not anymore. :lol:

It's crazy how the damage was distributed with this little twister. The damage started about a mile from his house and pretty well ended about a half-mile past his house. You can see where the power poles are literally twisted - and you can see that in his trees too. A neighbor of his lost the roof to his barn, but his home was fine too. So glad it wasn't any worse.

It was great seeing the grands and I'm glad I got the visit in. Daughter got mad at me and there's really nothing I can do about it. :( She'll either get over it or not, but I'll be here when/if she gets her nose back in joint.

Just got a call from the hospice nurse. Mom is not doing so great again. I'll head over there in the morning.

Anybody wanna swap lives?

Latest posts