Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, sorry. Kentucky is nice. I just meant ew on a surprise long distance trip for him. No offense to Kentucky!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh yea....the surprise trip kinda sucks...ugh. He hasn't flown since he's gotten his insulin pump so he's researching security concerns.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I imagine they're used to that. I hope he has a good trip, does he have an emergency... Anything? For when you aren't around?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I imagine they're used to that.
One would think. He did read that he should go through the metal detector instead of the x-ray machine. That shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm tired - our field trip was HOT. The A/C on the old bus just doesn't work as good as it should. But, all in all it was a good field trip and I'm glad its over!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not sure what happened between this morning and this afternoon - but the old doe went down hill. She couldn't hold her head up when I got home, so we did the deed. :( It would have been different if she had kept improving - even a little bit - but this afternoon it was clear she was no longer comfortable. She had a long run.

This was her when she was 12 and had triplets (one didn't make it).
upload_2018-6-22_20-17-51.png

This is probably the last picture I have of her - taken last summer.
upload_2018-6-22_20-21-44.png

I don't usually get weepy, but gotta admit I shed a tear for this one.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll.... It was time.

Got a lot of little time killing errands to do today. I hate running errands! But, gotta do 'em. Need an oil-change for DH's car, gonna go see dad, and there's about a million "gotta have 'ems" on the list.

Might or might not take in a movie.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the doe. Yes, she had a long, good life. RIP

Those darned lists seem to add two for every one I cross off! I'm off tomorrow and a friend asked me at work today, what are you going to do ? :lol::lol::lol:

Told her -- depends on what I find when I get home, what happens in the morning, the weather...…if no emergencies, then draw straws for any of the 100 things on the list!!

ARE there people who actually have plans for fun things? :idunno:cool: Is that allowable?