Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Right now I have two trays of figs in the dehydrator

How I envy you. :) My friend who does not like them gives me her figs. Thankfully I made some fig preserves, in addition to the dehydrated ones. This winter the tree almost died. Coming on strong with leaves and all but, no figs. :( Will eat the preserves this year. Will grab a few cuttings and see what I can get to sprout. Maybe can get a bush or two.

Good info on the nutrients. Healthy for you is right.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do love them! But, as mentioned, they are high in sugar. That's one good reason to dehydrate. They'll last long enough that I can eat them a few at a time instead of feeling like I need to shove them all down my throat before they go bad, lol!

I almost forgot I have pregnant does. It looks like the Nigi doe will go first - the others are barely starting an udder. Her udder has been growing pretty well for the last couple days. Ligaments are still strong though. I should/might have several more due before the end of July. Great, huh? Sell some and then acquire more by birth. I swear I'm gonna pull all boys and start on a bottle so I can sell 'em early...unless I band 'em so they can keep their mama's milk going....or I can just hope for all doelings. As if!!

DH started his new job today. Haven't heard a peep from him even after I asked him to text me when he got there. Guess he's busy, lol. He leaves tomorrow to go to one of their facilities in Kentucky for orientation.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
SURE appreciate you helping us shop! :lol:

No Nigies for me....cute but, too small when I milk. Mini nubs are as short as I want. Adult Nub has nice color -- don't need & too far. That other guy -- what is "free for sale" ?? Doesn't matter because 2K miles is too far for me right now.

ENABLER!!!!!!!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was laughing my behind off at work at all of the misspellings and the stupid "free goats for sale"! I promise - I'm not buying any goats!!

Norwegian Dwarfs
Numbian
and FREE goats for SALE!

I found more that I coulda posted - but didn't wanna embarrass my fellow Texans anymore! :lol: