Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, after the service DH and I took my son and his wife and my niece and nephew (children of my late sister) out for a nice lunch. We had a nice time visiting and catching up with niece and nephew.

And yes - we do need that special time to grieve. Not to feel attacked by a family member.

A couple hours after the funeral and lunch - this is the text I get from my nephew.

image.jpg

Why does death bring out the worst in people? Smh.....

Not even 8 hours after the service. I just don't get it... :(

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, after the service DH and I took my son and his wife and my niece and nephew (children of my late sister) out for a nice lunch. We had a nice time visiting and catching up with niece and nephew.

And yes - we do need that special time to grieve. Not to feel attacked by a family member.

A couple hours after the funeral and lunch - this is the text I get from my nephew.

View attachment 7907

Why does death bring out the worst in people? Smh.....

Not even 8 hours after the service. I just don't get it... :(

IDK... But it does unfortunately.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's called greed. Obviously they were not close to them in a personal way, dare say they EVER visited or even called while you cared for them. Now they see this as a $$ event.

Sadly, many funerals begin these family situations. As their mother has passed, they are looking for "her" share of any inheritances that may be out there. A shame they are not able to wait a few days before their quest -- like give everyone time to at least read the will! :(

I am glad the funeral went well and you did get to have a good lunch...well, good until the email. Hang in there! :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It makes me profoundly sad. Just when I thought my life might regain some semblance of normalcy after all the turmoil. :(

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, I have no words :hugs No polite ones anyway… I cannot believe he can be so insensitive so soon after you buried your dad. And only a short time after burying your mom. I sincerely hope you can get everything sorted out quickly, including that little …. Just remember we're here if you want to talk, vent, anything :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM, I have no words :hugs No polite ones anyway…
Neither do I....what a shame that this had to be handled this way.

I'm off today - last of my grievance days - and I'm having a really hard time getting motivated to do anything (except spoon up a bowl of ice cream for lunch), lol.

I did, at least, repair a water hose going out to the pasture that had sprung a big ol' leak. It was a hose that went out to the big pasture so it's nice to have that back in commission. Better than nothing I guess.

In good news - the African dust is moving on out so I can actually breathe when I go outside. Maybe later today I'll hop on the mower and get that out of the way.

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay breathing! Ice cream sounds much nicer than mowing... I think more ice cream is in order!