Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh Conan isn't as tough as he thinks? Lol. My wether I put in with Clifford really slowed down too, darn greedy adults! How many does are you breeding Conan to this year? I can't wait to see his babies!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How many does are you breeding Conan to this year?
That's a great question! I need to actually sit down and come up with a breeding "plan." Never had a formal plan, lol. Might not have one this year if the bucks do their normal fence bashing, lol.

I need more Kinder's! Wonder if I could breed the smallest buck on the place (Chester) to the largest doe on the place (Red) successfully. It's HARD to make that work, lol!

Need to get outside and get some things done before the heat becomes oppressive. We're headed for triple digits today - actual air temp. The heat index will be even worse...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are hunkered down in the house under the AC. Go outside? Ummmm….. NOPE. We have been letting Trip in because of the heat, he and Beaux are stretched out, dead asleep. Paris has never liked being in the house, it makes her anxious, so I water down a hole for her in the sheep barn.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's 87 here and I'm inside with the A/C cranked. 100+? No thanks!!
I've heard such great things about kinders. I'd like a kinder buck but there aren't any around here. Wanna send me one? Lol Chester might need a stoolst

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't think we hit 100 - but its hot. I'm doing my outside chores in 15 minute increments, lol. I run outside and do a couple of things then run back in and cool off. OR - I spray myself down with the water hose.... Goats, dogs, horses and chickens are going through record amounts of water. I can only imagine that the pigs are too - but they're spending all their time in the pond...can't say I blame 'em.

Every time I go outside I hear the auto waterers running to fill something up. And, I need some new hoses. Several of them have sprung small leaks. But, even if you leave a small leak running it can leak a lot of water....geeze. Don't as me how I know...:(

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gross, good time to have auto waterers! I bet your pigs love having the pond! How're they anyway, any more escapes ?

Latest posts