Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
More ice cream MIGHT be in order lol.

Grrrr...now I've been on the phone for an hour or so. Decided I needed to act on this veiled threat from the nephew. Not sure if I've mentioned it - but after my divorce I went to back to school. I was bound and determined to get into the legal field - so I pursued, and achieved, a para-legal degree. I worked in the field for awhile before I started work at the college. (better benefits - worse pay, lol) If nephew wants to litigate he'll be out a lot more fees than I will. It's all about who you know! ;)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, have some wine with the ice cream. And chocolate sauce. (For the ice cream ;) ) :hugs And go kick that little you-know-what's ass!

Sorry, so much for being polite, but seriously I'm really annoyed with him. I cannot get over how low people can go and at such a sad time for you. You just lost your parents for crying out loud. You don't need this now… Or ever. Sending massive hugs.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In good news - the African dust is moving on out so I can actually breathe when I go outside. Maybe later today I'll hop on the mower and get that out of the way.

I think more ice cream is in order!

Ok, OK -- the African dust is moving along --Do you think it is off of the grass you want to cut ??? Stirring is up in your nose??? :he I'm with NHH -- eat more ice cream

Take the day to relax. That grass will be there all week long...…..you know this. Play with the dogs, or goats.

Oh, water the grass before you mow. :hugs To wash it off. Chill on the nephew. He will get what he gets, good, bad or otherwise. It'll just be harder for him than he thinks. :D Lessons can be grueling.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do you think it is off of the grass you want to cut ??? Stirring is up in your nose???
I didn't get to be this ripe old age without learning a few things along the way, lol! What did I learn about dust from the last incident?

:bow Flonase and a dust mask conquers the dust! :bow

And, last but not least - allergy eye drops!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just don't get sick again!!

Your nephew made a poor decision.... I can't wait to hear how it works out for him lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No sickness! It will not, can not happen!

Nephew is not surprising me... I saw the same thing happen after my sister (his mother) passed. I really hope he takes at face value everything I told him. But, I still wouldn't be surprised if he seeks a legal remedy. Eh - it is what it is. I also have a feeling that he thinks there's a butt-wad of money involved here - and there's not. My dad used to "embellish" about how much money he had, lol.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
No, you are not going to get sick again! I forbid you lol Hopefully the nephew situation will be resolved quickly for you. :hugs

How are the goats and DH with the new job and everything else?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Absolutely not getting sick. Physically I'm fine - mentally exhausted though. My brain does NOT want to get back in gear so I decided to come back to work today. I was originally off the whole week, but I need to do something to get my mind off of "things." And, I'm tired of cleaning house...ugh.

Conan is good. His growth seems to have slowed a bit after he got moved in with the big boys so I may need to think about getting him back out so he can have all the feed that he wants instead of fighting for every morsel.

DH loves his new job - and loves the people he works with - so far. I'm just not sure how long his body will hold out...Seems he's always got a new challenge.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was so blessed when my Mother died. My brother had passed, his share went to his wife and daughter. My sister and I got along great, everyone was ok with what I did to settle things. I was very transparent and let all involved know what was going on. On one of my Mom's stock accounts, I needed signatures for all involved to send to the company. Freaking awesome. I could mail it all out, wait for it to be mailed back, then send it to the company or...…...I could just forge everyone's names. So I did. I called and explained, asked for a texted sample of their signatures, copied a few times on blank paper, then signed 'em up! LOL LOL

I think it is funny that your greedy nephew is hiring an attorney, spending money in hopes of opening up a treasure chest. What a moron. Let him have at it. Make him spend his inheritance share, plus more. Idiot.