Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pigs love bananas, and so do goats!

Having nothing to talk about is probably a nice change after the past year or so you've had. Relax and enjoy it!

No more Dusty escapes?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One of the BEST teachers for electric fence is the nose. Zap a nose and they do cartwheels! We all know why -- but, sometimes the hair shields enough punch to let them "learn" they can go thru quickly and just a buzz. Especially so with goat hair...it's hollow? And winter hair is thick on most all animals. I've been guilty of enticing a nose hit :hide I've survived jolts from hands/knees and know they will survive a nose hit and remember to keep away!

I suspect Dusty has had a nose hit... :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I suspect Dusty has had a nose hit... :lol:
That would be my guess. The wire is up high where he likes to stand up and reach his head over - or at least he used to!

DS came to borrow the tractor so I always get a little favor from him when he's here. We got the generator out and topped off the oil, started it up and ran it for awhile just to be sure it's ready to go - you know - justincase. Seems like there's a few things tropical trying to kick up out there over water...and headed in our general direction. Not worried yet - a ways to go before we have anything threatening. But, it pays to be prepared for sure. Won't need any 'supplies' to speak of except to make sure all gas cans are full. I've got 20 gallons in the garage right now...I'll probably grab another 10 gallons or so...maybe more if I get another couple cans to store them in. Seems like every season I buy another couple gas cans.

Also got the feed barrels all filled up and maybe some to spare. Hay in the barn....I feel ok about what we've got right now. Just don't want anything that takes my AC away!

Gotta get out and mow before we get any more rain. Ugh!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:oops::( You DID NOT need to vaguely mention those dreaded storms that turn up this time of year!!! :hide

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
FEM - I was twigged onto a low carb bread substitute:
1Egg (room temp)
3 TBLS almond flour
1TBLS butter
1/2 TSP baking powder

Mix, put in small round bowl (have a Pyrex that is perfectly sized for making buns). Microwave 90 seconds.

Split, into two bun like pieces, and then toast or grill to crisp up.

Friends using this see no bump in blood sugar.

With creative spices, you can make savory breakfast "rolls", faux garlic bread, even croutons

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice! I'll give that a try! Thanks - I really appreciate it. My mind is twirling with the possibilities. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
image.jpg
So- I turned Chester out into the big pasture to have fun with the gals. He is in goat heaven-but just a little bit frustrated.

Cruddy pic from too far away- but do ya think he has a chance at success? Poor baby!

Last edited: