Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep I can see the Nubian in the body now. They're adorable. Is Freckles the antisocial one?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is Freckles the antisocial one?
He is totally antisocial. I've barely put hands on him since I disbudded. He needs a cocci preventative treatment...he's never had one and he's actually probably past weaning age now. I don't even know how old the bugger is. I need to go look on the calendar. Next time I catch him I'll probably band him so he'd better keep running, lol. Need to put an ad in and try to sell all my Nigi's. They don't really fit into my plans.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good way to downsize! One of my wethers is like that. Near impossible to catch and screams when you do, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Consider yourself advised, lol!! :lol:

But you know I'm slow at implementing my plans! They start out as an occasional nagging thought...then they move to the "you really SHOULD do this" after that it's a debate session over whether I really should or not or why they may or may not fit into my "plan"... then it moves on to I need to put in an ad....then that leads to I need to take pics....then the weather sucks and I don't take pics...then one of 'em gets pregnant and I decide maybe I should keep 'em until they kid...to well, heck she's in milk so maybe I'll milk her...to...she doesn't give enough milk for me to mess with, maybe I should sell her. Lather, rinse, repeat!

Welcome to a very scary peek into the inner workings of my mind, lol!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But at least your mind is working. Beat up, dented, damaged and off the tracks, but it's still working! :lol: I hear goats will do that to you...….:plbb

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In this forum, it's like an epidemic . :lol: Sounds good, tweak & try. It has taken me many years to begin to make myself focus on what has been acceptable, limit spending, and try to be realistic.

I'm at Saaneen & Nubian to milk. Chickens for eggs, butcher excess roosters, sell eggs & excess chicks. Larger garden, can & freeze more.

This fits into my @ home style. Easier to handle animals.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can agree with that, goats make you crazy! I do love them. When /if I get back into goats I might try kinders. Honestly the creamer the milk the better!