Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I meant that before, I seared, then cooked them in the oven. This time I did them your way, low oven, then seared. Awesome!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I meant that before, I seared, then cooked them in the oven. This time I did them your way, low oven, then seared. Awesome!
Ohhhhhh….. Sorry for my confusion...:confused: I do love the reverse sear and glad it worked well for you too. I saw it mentioned on BYH (I think it was Mike CHS that said it) and decided to try it. I'll never cook a steak any other way!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The cow videos were funny and kinda amazing. Who ever thinks of a cow being smart?

The one who opened TWO locks to get out was beyond good BUT my favorite was the one who unlocked several between her and the feed to get to the feed! :lol: DANG! :lol: It was no accident.

Sounds like a plan and I volunteer to be a taste tester!

Me, too! Me, too! I am really experienced at taste testing!!!:D

Yes, my auction is 15 min away, once a month. Almost bought a sheep yesterday -- ready for butcher! but not prepared to transport home even. So kept my hand down. They also had 10 beautiful shortly weaned off bottle doelings from a dairy. Pretty little things but, LaMancha. I don't want to worry with another breed/crossbreed. Plus, would need 2, buddy system here. AND they had a lot of nice chickens from a NPIP breeder....2 sets of 1/2 grown trios of Royal Palms. OK now THAT was self control! :D I'm still thinking lamb in freezer, turkeys in field. :cool:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Geeze, I feel bad for those in the path of Florence. Wish that _itch would turn around and get lost at sea!

We're not in any danger from Florence, but we've got a couple of 'systems' heading our way with a possible rainfall totals of 8 - 10 inches of rain headed our way in the next 10 days or so. 'Course, the forecast changes every couple hours...ugh.

Goats are tired of mud already and I'm having to feed hay since all they do is stand in the barn and whine. With all the rain in the forecast it's unlikely my friends will get another cutting of hay from their field. And, they had already offered me 3 more FREE bales so I haven't been looking (or paying) for any more hay. GRRRRRR! Guess I need to find some more that's already been baled and pay for it so I don't come up short.

I've been sticking with my low carb adventure and DH and I are both eating very healthy these days. We had flounder tonight with some butternut squash. It was pretty darn tasty. I'm drinking a lot of green tea too...it's not quite like a nice glass of red but it'll do for at least 5 night a week. I treat myself on weekends. Somehow that just doesn't make me feel better, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
8-10"? Ugh!! Yep, I'd say you need more hay.

Flounder, what's that taste like?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
8-10"? Ugh!! Yep, I'd say you need more hay.
Yep, on top of that amount that's already fallen in the last week or so. We are waterlogged. AND - the mosquitos are approaching biblical plague proportions here... ARGH!

I would feel better if I had at LEAST 3 more round bales and 5 more would be awesome! Not sure how that's gonna work out.

Flounder is a very mild white fish. It's excellent stuffed, but that's carby. :( I wasn't feeling a big elaborate cooking adventure last night so I just pan-fried (no breading - just nekkid fish) in a little olive oil and butter with lots of Old Bay seasoning and a some garlic. I pronounced it edible.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds yummy! Hope you find some hay! And yuck on the mosquitos. They're awful little things.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Isn't flounder one of those flat fishes, like sole? How's the texture? I'm not fond of sole because it tends to fall apart so easily unless you're careful how you cook it

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, flat...both eyes on top :D DH used to love it, stuffed with crabmeat. I don't eat it at all. Lot of it in the waters here for fisher folk.

Yeah for healthy eating!!! And for weekend nights with red.:rolleyes:

I bought some dark chocolate today, last of my storm prep. :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Isn't flounder one of those flat fishes, like sole? How's the texture? I'm not fond of sole because it tends to fall apart so easily unless you're careful how you cook it

Yes flat fish. and yes, a very soft fish and you must be careful or it will fall apart. But so good!

Yeah for healthy eating!!! And for weekend nights with red.:rolleyes:

I bought some dark chocolate today, last of my storm prep. :lol:
And you have a perfect excuse to indulge!!