Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
glad your water is back on, that is kinda important. The door? Obviously something hit it, but what?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who knows? When I looked out the door there was nothing, just nothing. I looked through the glass debris as I was sweeping it up for rocks or anything...but nothing. Maybe space junk, lol! But what a total mess....

I got a couple things done besides deal with water problems and glass breakage. Got the yard mowed - and the barnyard. Had some feed to unload, some chickens to be moved and some broccoli and cabbages to get planted.

More to do tomorrow - hopefully with no more excitement.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who knows? When I looked out the door there was nothing, just nothing. I looked through the glass debris as I was sweeping it up for rocks or anything...but nothing. Maybe space junk, lol! But what a total mess....

I got a couple things done besides deal with water problems and glass breakage. Got the yard mowed - and the barnyard. Had some feed to unload, some chickens to be moved and some broccoli and cabbages to get planted.

More to do tomorrow - hopefully with no more excitement.

Maybe Space Junk? I had that happen in North Carolina. Some kind of molten black rock looking thing no bigger around than a Silver dollar hit the porch roof. It went right through the roof, then the deck and burried like 6" deep in the ground under the deck. Happened at night, found the holes the next morning. So yeah I believe it could be space junk.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, seems like crap happens when we have a day off!!! :D

I will try to give a little "positive" to it....had you NOT been there, water would have been everywhere. And, sweeping up a glass door is not what you want to do, especially as you get home from a day at work. Did that ease the pain at all? No, didn't think so but, it is true. :confused:

Hope the rest of you time off goes well for you. Yeah on the goats. Mine are getting a "Fall" hit with dewormer, almost done -- the 4 hard to catchers are left. Tomorrow -- if not still raining! Thanks Michael. Supposed to be gone before daybreak. 2-4" expected. Worse was milking tonight. See she has to traverse about 75' between barn & milk spot. Generally comes to gate when I call, comes out, runs right there. Not in the rain! But, when we got a break she was looking for me!!! Came nicely by flashlight...only 2 hrs late.
Came in & spun it for cream while warm. Frig is full! :lol: Chickens will get the low fat milk tomorrow.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, what a day? :hugs Was that glass in the door a long time? My MIL's truck's windscreen AND passenger door window shattered on us like that for no apparent reason. We heard it was because the glass were old and in use for a long time.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow. Like tortoise said... this is not the proper way to do a day off. Glad you got it all sorted, weird on the door!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm going with space junk on the door. It makes for a much better story, lol.
I'm almost afraid to say that I'm off again today....:hide. No bad stuff allowed.

The door wasn't particularly old @sumi Maybe 10 years or so. Now I've gotta see if I think I can install one or if I need to pay to have it done. Shouldn't be that hard, right? I'm sure DH can't do it and my DS is working a shut down. He's got at least a month of 14 hour days - 7 days a week coming up. Lotta work = lotta money!! Woohoo! It'll help cuz he usually doesn't work for several weeks around Christmas/New Years. This will help him get through the lean time.

Have a friend coming who is a little short of money this week...I'll let her do some of the inside cleaning while I work outside. She'll get a little cash outta the deal and I'll get a break! Wish she'd told me before I cleaned the kitchen last night, lol!!

Better get busy!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Working on your own place is pleasure, not like going off to work for filthy lucre. LOL