Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ummm, bigger than the Nigi, smaller than Dusty. (everything is smaller than Dusty). Hard to describe... He's even probably a little taller than most of the Kinders - but he's lightweight. No width, no mass - just looks like a kinda puny white goat, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some days I just feel it's best to start with a "grown" animal. At least you know! We both bought young to keep the price lower. I bought a full blood without papers for same - although she will give me appkcation if I want to file it. Mine is dairy, soooo, I don't expect a lot of weight/filling out until next Fall. His parents were awesome. Maybe he will be.

Hopefully Conan is just taking his time to grow up. Maybe you will be happier with him next year. If his parents were what you would like, there's a plus. If he passes enough "good genes" to some doelings, you can feel better. If you don't see all this, hey, there is always a goat being sold! :lol: And we LOVE to shop for them. :D :celebrate

It's a wait and see game. Next month, with rut over and 24/7 hay, & pasture, everyone settling down, he may muster up and fill out real well!

I'm with you, dental phobia. :hide

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about your dental work. :'( That's awful!!

I had an unpleasant pediatric orthodontist experience - no where near yours, but enough. Was close to 20 years before I went to a dentist again and that was for an emergency root canal. I explained my dental fears and my dentist was SO good! Extra careful to make sure I didn't feel anything. Next up was wisdom teeth pulled and I was such a mess the dentist wouldn't sedate me, and I had is done under general anesthetic in a hospital. I'm finally getting a crown on that old root canal tooth and explained it all to my new dentist and he was really great too. Dentist fears can be conquered - there are good dentists out there. ((((hugs))))

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some days I just feel it's best to start with a "grown" animal. At least you know! We both bought young to keep the price lower.
Definitely easier to judge a grown animal than a baby! I wasn't so worried about the price of an older goat - I wanted a disbudded baby - and his breeders wouldn't do that. So, I had to get him as a baby. I'll give him more time for sure.

'm so sorry about your dental work. :'( That's awful!!

I had an unpleasant pediatric orthodontist experience - no where near yours, but enough. Was close to 20 years before I went to a dentist again and that was for an emergency root canal. I explained my dental fears and my dentist was SO good! Extra careful to make sure I didn't feel anything. Next up was wisdom teeth pulled and I was such a mess the dentist wouldn't sedate me, and I had is done under general anesthetic in a hospital. I'm finally getting a crown on that old root canal tooth and explained it all to my new dentist and he was really great too. Dentist fears can be conquered - there are good dentists out there. ((((hugs))))
Thanks @tortoise There are so many of us out there! Somebody should start a dentaphobe support group.

At this point I just want to get it started so I can get it finished.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm OFF, OFF, OFF today! And, tomorrow! I have lots of comp time so decided to take myself a long weekend. Doesn't hurt that we've had our first cool front and the weather is gorgeous. We'll still get into the low 80's but low humidity. I'm not complaining. I've got tons of work to do so it'll be nice to have good working conditions.

Gotta move the young chicks again. Two of 'em decided to jump out of the fence that I had them behind - even after I clipped their wings and Gracie got 'em. I don't get that dog. She wouldn't harm a chicken out in the barnyard area - but let 'em into HER yard and they're toast. GRRRR!

Might grab a couple of goats and check eyelids again. Couple of the gals are looking kinda scruffy again. But, on the other hand - a couple of them that looked a little scruffy a couple months ago are looking slick, fat and sassy again.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for a long weekend! You so need it! Oh Gracie, go get some rats and leave the chickens alone! Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay.... except... Yuck. I have a broken pipe coming out of my water well tank. Water spraying EVERYWHERE! Geeze louise!

I think I've identified it as a broken pipe so I didn't want to call anybody to fix it. But, then I started thinking about all the things DH has tried to fix, lol. I called the water well repair company! But they haven't called me back yet so I'm about to get witchy. Actually, it's not as bad as it could be because I could have water if I turned the breaker back on...assuming it doesn't lose prime or anything like that.

I wanna get back out and finish mowing the yard, but I won't be able to hear the phone ring or feel it vibrate if I'm on the mower...so I'm sitting here. Unloaded the dishwasher started loading it again but no water to rinse with. Could do a load of laundry or three...but...

I'm about to call 'em back and see what's up.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope you hear from the well company soon. Water woes are up at the top of the list for things you don't want to go wrong.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Water well guys showed up after about an hour. And then, THIS happened:

IMG_4204.JPG

I opened the storm door when they got here and it literally disintegrated into about a gazillion little pieces. WTH????? A few minutes earlier I had been in the dining room going through some papers and heard a noise - like a ping. I looked out the window and didn't see anything so I went back to my chore. I was actually looking through a folder with some paperwork from dad's funeral...was reading the obituary when I heard the ping. In fact after I heard the ping I thought maybe dad had done it (I know - creepy huh?) So, when I opened the door and the freaking glass disintegrated I was just a little bit spooked! After I calmed down from that I started looking for bullet holes in the door - didn't find any - thank goodness. I have no idea what could have caused this...

Crazy day - I probably shoulda just went to work. All of this stuff has consumed my whole afternoon. But, my water is fixed and most of the glass is cleaned up so life is decent again.