Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cool! Thanks, I'll look into that.

I was actually thinking I could hide a shot of tequila in my purse and have it right before, lol. One shot and I could still drive! But, yeah, probably won't go that route... :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well...despite my previous musings about maybe, just maybe, not breeding many goats this year.... ummmm...well....Conan "somehow" got released into the main pasture yesterday. And, it'll probably be a couple of days before I can catch him again. I know, I know...but, this is his chance to prove himself because I'm not happy with the way he's turning out. He IS parasite resistant, and I hope he throws that trait - but he's not very meaty for a meat goat. He's still a youngster though so maybe I'm expecting too much. However, this action was taken just in case he moves on next year.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh boy! I wonder if kikos just take a while to fill out? You could have an interesting kidding season! Lol! Good luck?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You got to watch out for those escaping male goats, hey ;) Hope he'll live up to expectations for you!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
escaping male goats,
tee hee...wasn't very hard for him to 'escape' through two open gates and a kick in the butt to get him to go through, lol!

It may be that they take a while to fill out. He's only just turned 9 months old so I may simply be too impatient.

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just looked around and everything I found said kikos are supposed to grow fairly quickly. Of course , compared to what? But I suppose you'll see!