Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Aren't they amazing? Great pigs! But I dare say not all pigs are that smart and self sufficient. AGH and a couple others win that award though!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She probably covered them with hay, they normally do if any weather issues. Notice how she's in the middle of that hay? Yep, they are far smarter than people think.

Congrats on MORE piglets. :)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I think you're DH is thinking the right thing. Get his health issues sorted and retire. A low/no stress life on the farm will be so much better for him than the job he has. Hugs to you both :hugs

The pigs :love Congrats! What a clever momma too.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Apparently I can't count or one piglet ran away last night. There are 5 little piggies. The last litter of 8 was lost entirely so it's not like I've got a whole bunch of babies. These are it for the moment....even though the other mother looks like she's going to pop soon. I'm going to try (try being the operative word) to get them into the trailer and try (there's that word again, lol) to sell the mama and the litter. No idea if moving them into the trailer or selling them will work - but I have enough pigs. From my preliminary investigation it looks like a majority male litter...maybe 4/1 or 3/2. They wouldn't be still so I could get a better count.

Really excited that the weather is going to be nice for awhile. We need some sunshine around here. Desperately!