Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A wormer/bread free for all!! Jump in and get yours quick! LOL LOL

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I assume you know about some dogs having issues with ivermectin? Mostly aussies/collies, may be an issue with Gracie . Not that you intend to give her ivermectin, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's one of the things I checked on before getting a collie based breed. And, thankfully, her breeder had already done the hard work!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had a fun little pig rodeo yesterday evening. (not really so little - boar is probably pushing 200 lbs now) Anyway, I had gone out to feed and noticed that one of the penned up boars didn't jump up and run to the feed....wth? So, I walked toward him and he jumped up, squealing and running and bucking like a rodeo bronc. It was beginning to get dark so I didn't notice what was bothering him at first. Is there anything that pigs won't do? The pen that they are in is the area where I had a garden formerly. I thought I had it cleaned up but somehow back in a grown up corner I had missed a tomato cage. This silly pig had walked himself right up into that tomato cage from big end to small end and had it totally stuck around his middle. How he got both front feet through the smallest ring is totally beyond me - but he was NOT a happy pig. I tried to walk up to him and he squealed and ran...again. I knew this wasn't going to be easy so I headed to the barn to get the bolt cutters. I tried to get close to him again and nope...he wasn't having it. I really didn't know what else to do except entice him to run until he was tired....so that's what we did. Finally I got close to him with the bolt cutters and the instant he felt them he ran again. Eventually he gets tired again and I get close again. This time I was able to get the bolt cutters on the part I was about to cut - start closing them and he takes off again...with the bolt cutters attached, lol. Eventually he not only stops running but just flops over and gives up. Wasn't hard to get him out of it when he finally stayed still. Geeze - life on the farm!

First thing DH asks was if I got it on video, lol. Wish I had!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! That's wild! We would probably have gone and gotten the shotgun...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We would probably have gone and gotten the shotgun...
I literally thought about that... I kept thinking if I don't get this thing off of him I'm gonna have to butcher him out of it, lol! It was tight enough that it wasn't going to kill him immediately - but he was definitely slowed down by it because it was impeding his breathing.... poor guy!