Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM :hugs for you all and MIL. Hope the infection will clear up soon!

Those kids are simply gorgeous :love

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll! I'll be headed over to MIL's place in an hour or so to see how she is and get her set up with my neighbor "C." At lunch I'll go do a little shopping because C wants to make her a pot of soup and I know MIL doesn't have any soup fixin's in her house. About all she eats is frozen meals, some fruit, cereal and junk food. Great for a diabetic huh? She says she's 87 years old and is gonna eat what she wants now, lol. She's not as severely diabetic as DH is.

Babies were good this morning. I didn't have a lot of time to spend with them but I got a good cuddle from one of them. The other one was deep asleep so I left her alone. Mom is pi$$ed at me - she wants outta that pen!

And, just as an extra added bonus to my life I'm starting to have some jaw issues. I have a history of jaw problems...and I'm starting to have muscle spasms and joint pain because of all the things going on in my mouth. I suspect it will get worse before it gets better. :(

Temperomandibular Joint Dysfunction: When this joint is injured or damaged, it can lead to a localized pain disorder called temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome. Causes of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome include injury to the teeth or jaw, misalignment of the teeth or jaw, teeth grinding, poor posture, stress, arthritis, and gum chewing.

Guess I should get some work done before going to check on MIL.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It never stops. I couldn't "like" your post. I love you, take good care of yourself.
Ditto! :hugs

I think that's the way life is sometimes. But, you should talk - you're going through your own family storm right now. Hope it settles down for you...

Deep breath...repeat...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, big hugs :hugs I hope your MIL will be o.k. again soon and your jaw pain will subside SOON! Love that you got a cuddle with one of the little ones today! You need those little times.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MIL is at the up and down stage. My neighbor who is watching her is giving us the real scoop. MIL wanted to go for a walk today, but it exhausted her and she's weaker again. She is forgetful with her meds and wants to eat nothing but junk. :( DH told her tonight that we really need to find her a place. She was a little teary but says that she feels like her body is failing her and knows she needs help. :( Starting the search for a place she can afford. Unfortunately she doesn't have the financial resources that my folks had.

On a lighter note - I released the newly disbudded babies from jail tonight. Their little wounds are dried out and have formed a scab so I hope it's safe to let them out. Oh my goodness - they have springs for legs - they were bouncing all over the place! Sooo stinkin' cute! Hoping they'll have some new playmates soon. Still don't know when PIA is due...her udder is still the same she's been passing the mucous plug but ligaments are still there and her belly is still getting bigger instead of dropping. Who know when she's due? ARGH. I just hope she waits until I'm here... and really hope that there's two little ones in there instead of one big one...would NOT be a good scenario. Can't believe I used to breed pygmy goats exclusively - it's so stressful with the little ones!

Supposed to rain Fri nite/Sat morn. Not yay. :he

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She is forgetful with her meds and wants to eat nothing but junk

Yep. This is when they get into real trouble. We both know. Glad DH has told her she'll need to relocate while she can still understand and settle in. :hugs It's hard on everyone.

Woohoo....kids get to go play! They should be fine. Maybe PIA will hold off, or get it done, during your long weekend -- next week?

That system is coming here Sat/Sun/Mon 'ish. But meeting up with cold, so our moisture may be white. :( Supposed to be 24-26 in AM...BRRRRRR.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FEM, I assume your MIL is going to an ALF? If so, you may find that she has a wonderful rebound in her health and energy b/c some one will be looking after her diet and meds. Not to mention the increased socialization that such a move produces. She'll most likely be eating meals in a dining room, so she won't be eating alone. This is also a blessing, and will result in her eating more healthy foods instead of comfort snacking on junk while she eats alone.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes. She is very social and I hope this will be a positive move. She has a great network of friends in the church and in her senior apartment complex. I hate that she will be leaving that behind.

It didn't work well for my parents because they valued their privacy...and a lot of seniors don't respond well to a major life change. Sure hope it will be different for her. :fl

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope you're able to find a place that works well for her! So hard, but you know that!

Glad those babies are doing well, hope PIA cooperates! I should have babies in February, if she took. I can't tell yet so I'm thinking late February.