Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm in the process.....25 of them :hide It's a work in progress. Like you, they are where my goats are. I need them moved. I need to expand the goat areas. It's a little overwhelming some days...well, frustrating and annoying may describe it better.

Wish we could just bribe them to move. :lol:

We are both being put out with the rain being present on our days off!!! :idunno

Wish it was more coordinated. I'm off now & 2 more days -- watching it rain! Since snow has stayed N and W of me, I may work Mon/Tue and stay home Wed/Thu/Fri :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was surprised that some of them were still where I put them last night - at least sort of. I put them to roost on a divider between two pens under the big white shed. So, if they jump down on one side of the divider they are in the buck pen - which has high fences and I don't think they can fly over. If they jump down on the other side they are free to roam. Some of the ones that I moved last night ended up in the buck pen this morning, lol. In effect, they locked themselves in. I'm ok with that. Silly birds! Doesn't bother me so much if they're with the bucks. So, I decided that with very minimal effort I can close in the front of the other section and have a coop. It'll be temporary at best but it will 'learn 'em' to stay where they are for awhile. I've got 25 chicks coming next week! What was I thinking???? But, I need eggs! At least the last few days I've been getting a few extra. I kinda need to know which of 'em need to go into the stew pot...

PIA still not ready. Cameo is looking more uncomfortable every day...poor gal. Does
she look pregnant to y’all? ;)

BC49DD07-42F4-4DC0-B1D4-29388E1D7A1C.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'lll...she is definitely eye candy and my favorite goat right now. Really hope she'll put some color on her babies - if not it'll get pretty darn boring around here. But, I can handle boring if they're parasite resistant!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got my makeshift coop finished and all but two of the birds are inside. (Except for the birds that live in the pasture) So, I think I actually have 30 chickens. Twenty-four that live in the front barn yard and 6 that run the pasture. I'll go out in a bit and catch the two wayward birds that are gonna try and roost in the barn and I'll call that chore done.

I got to play plumber today...and when I say "got" to I mean that I'm too cheap to pay for someone else to do what I 'think' I can do myself. Poor DH tried...but he doesn't fit under the sink very well, lol. His main issue is that it's dark under there. Add that to his neuropathy in his hands and contracture of two fingers he just doesn't have much manual dexterity. He got online and looked up a plumber who couldn't tell us if this would be a $50 fix or a $500 dollar fix until he looked at it. Well, bite my butt Mr. Plumber - I won't be needing your services after all. I told DH all I needed was a wrench, a beer, and a butt-crack, lol! (all of which I possess) It wasn't a big job - the faucet was loose and wiggly and just needed a nut tightened. But, getting to the nut was hard! DH went to Home Depot and bought a fancy wrench that fits up in that tight spot and that made the job do-able. Girl Power!

Don't wanna go to work tomorrow... actually don't wanna go any day of the week. :(

Last edited:

Latest posts