Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh that's not a bad number of chickens! It's funny when you have more goats than chickens lol!

Yay for saving money!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's funny when you have more goats than chickens lol!
No, no, no, not yet anyway, lol! I have 22 goats + two baby doelings and 30 chickens! (actually maybe 36 all together)

I think those are the most beautiful markings I've ever seen on a goat.
Not to be morbid or anything - but wouldn't that make a beautiful rug...or wall hanging or something! But not for many, many years I hope!

I actually prefer the hide to be on the goat!

I know why plumbers make so much money - I HURT from being under that sink. My neck, upper back, shoulders...arms...all that stuff. Or I'm a wuss....most likely the explanation, lol.

And, DH broke a cup this morning. It got mostly cleaned up - except for the piece that latched on to my heel....and does not want to come out.

It's been a really challenging day...:(

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol I thought you had 30+ goats for some reason.

Sorry you've had a bad day :( hope tomorrow is better!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She is bred to Conan...it'll be his second set of kids. Would it be selfish to hope for more doelings? :fl

Nope! Never wrong to want girls. (easier to keep:lol:)

Don't wanna go to work tomorrow... actually don't wanna go any day of the week. :(

Just wait, it gets worse. I have to force myself some days. If I had to be somewhere on set hrs every day, couldn't do it. My only bright light is that I promise myself there are only "XX" number of weeks until I can let myself stay home. It's a goal. Of course, long time coming....getting closer, finally.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not at all morbid to think how pretty that hide will be when processed. All part of the circle of life. You can enjoy the beauty of it as the sun glints off her fur on a sunny day, and will be able to enjoy it and have fond memory of her after that hide is tanned.

Congrats on a good plumbing fix, and I hope you are able to dig that bit of glass out of your foot without any further complications.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol I thought you had 30+ goats for some reason.
At some point I'm sure I did. I did sell a slew of 'em to one guy this past summer (7 I think) - and those two mini-milkers and a buck to a lady who has bought from me before.

I'm really confused that I don't have more goats that look pregnant to me. Conan was in the pasture with them for awhile and now Dusty and Kinder are. I would have to think that they've taken care of business. But, nobody is due very soon judging by udders (or lack of) and no really big bellies. I need to get those bucks outta there - but don't really have a great place to put them right now. Darn mud!

Not at all morbid to think how pretty that hide will be when processed.
Guess I'd better get busy and learn to process a hide. I've always wanted to...

Yes, I was quite proud of my plumbing prowess, lol. And my self-surgical skills are not bad either. My foot is glass-less this morning...thankfully!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's been a Monday! Not going to even bother going in to work stuff. It's just stuff.

Worked late and checked on PIA (and everybody else) when I got home. Looks like PIA's udder has grown pretty well today. I'll go back out and check on her one more time before I hit the sack. Hopefully, I'll be able to hit the sack. Most of my goats deliver during daylight hours but all bets are off with FF's.

And wonder of wonders - Big Daddy was NOT in his pen....GRRRRRRR! Found the spot but didn't have time to fix it. That's what I get for not putting electric up in that spot. Shame on me...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Checked PIA again this morning. Ligs still there. Cameo is starting to get a nice full udder. It's still got a lot of growing to do - but it's getting there! I'll be happy when I can start getting milk again. Coffee is just not the same...

Was planning on having some free time today but that didn't happen. :( And, I have a dentist appt. this afternoon... ugh.

Thankfully looking forward to a long weekend. I'm planning a vacation day Friday and we're off Monday! Yay - except we're getting a hard freeze Sunday night. At least being off will allow me to check on things and be there if babies choose to be born on such a cold day. Cameo's actual day 150 is Monday. How much ya wanna bet that's when they'll come?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cameo can have her kids Monday, on my birthday!! But then, your birthday isn't far off, right? Maybe PIA will honor you. :D

Heck, someone told me Monday was a "holiday" and I first thought it was for me :rolleyes:, how nice! Then found not.:lol:

Dang, I hate the dentist. Sorry you are having so much to endure there. It's gotta be something you have to take a really deep breath and force yourself to "get through". White knuckle place.