Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dang, I hate the dentist. Sorry you are having so much to endure there. It's gotta be something you have to take a really deep breath and force yourself to "get through". White knuckle place.

I practice LaMaze breathing when in the dentist chair. Helps immensely. With that bright light shining in my face, I try to imagine that I am on a warm sunny beach somewhere.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well - Happy Almost B'day @Mini Horses. Better say it now cuz you know I'll forget by then. We can definitely add your b'day to the official holiday.

Cameo may very well go on that day - but I hope she goes before then. I don't want to be outside in that cold!

PIA had better not wait until my b'day. The 30th is too far away. She needs to follow Cameo's lead and get on with this. Hopefully she's not more than a few days away. Geeze, I've had FF's who never built an udder until a couple days before they kidded - but this gal is an overachiever! She's had a nice udder for weeeeeeks now.

I have always had a terrible fear of the dentist chair. But this dr I'm going to now has pretty much gotten me over it. I thank goodness every day that he was recommended to me. I've had extractions, gum scrapings, impressions, bone grafts, teeth prepped for crowns/bridges... I guess now I could tolerate just about anything. I still have implants that will need to be inserted into my jaw bone to look forward to. (that's not a pleasant thought) But, he's so very patient with me and gentle that I feel I couldn't be in better hands. I don't really even get nervous anymore. I wish I'd found him 30 years ago!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Your dentist sounds absolutely amazing! :) Reminds me of the sweetheart I went to years ago. I took a funny turn after an extraction, blood pressure dropped and I nearly went with it. He got his assistant to make me tea and gave me a hug!

I'm checking in daily now for goat kid news/updates. Tell that girl to get on with it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dental appointment got pushed back a couple hours so I came home since I had already taken the time off. I went out and added a section of electric fence to the spot that I had neglected. I got Big Daddy back in - but not without protest. He really respects the electric and didn't want to go through the gate - which is usually protected by a strand of hot wire. Sooooooooo, I got him in by throwing a bunch of feed in there. He watched all the other pigs go through the fence and still didn't wanna go - but his belly got the better of him. Now all I gotta do is get all the pigs back out that aren't supposed to be in there....sigh. Always something!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dental visit was a total bust. Went in for a fitting of the bridge. Bridge fits fine but it totally doesn't match my teeth. The lab completely neglected to put any color on it and it was totally stark, bright, whiter than the tissue test white. I told them to let me take it and soak it in some coffee and red wine, lol. They are sending it back and I'll need another appointment to have it installed. No biggie - it's another half day offa work for me! I need to use up sick time and this will help.

No goat delivery tonight unless somebody makes some big changes in a big hurry. I really would appreciate them simply waiting for the weekend.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope they kid at a convenient time! But PIA... better not live up to her name is all lol

How's your MIL?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MIL is up and down. One day she feels pretty good and the next day not so much. And, of course, we're still undecided about the best way to go. Right now my neighbor is going in 4 hours a day. She's taking care of the basic activities of daily living for her. She bathed and shampooed her yesterday. She has totally cleaned that apartment. Does her laundry...I hadn't realized it was so bad. She tells me what kind of groceries to buy. (caretaker not MIL) I love her but she's kinda bossy lol! DH is going by almost every evening on his way home from work. No way it can end well - but we can hope for some good things in between now and then.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow she's already at the point she needs help bathing? So sorry, again you're dealing with this. Lol on the bossy caregiver, good thing she's good at it huh? Is she Hispanic? Not to sound racist just culturally that is more common with the Hispanic population (and I know one of your neighbors is). Us northern folks are all, "don't you tell me what to do!" Lol!!