Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
More rain overnight....sigh. :barnieNow we're under a wind advisory.

Baby chicks are the cutest little things. I really love those naked necks.:love

PIA is in a kidding pen and she's not coming out until she deflates. She's got a full udder, no ligaments and an attitude. Now the worry sets in double time...these little goats give me too much stress! How did I do nothing but Pygmy goats for so many years?

Cameo? She's in a kidding pen too - but mostly because I wanted her clean this morning and not out walking in the mud. I noticed yesterday that she needs a hoof trim. Ever since she had that bad leg injury a couple years ago that particular hoof overgrows. She doesn't walk with any kind of noticeable limp but I guess something changed in that leg so that the hoof doesn't wear down like it should.

Geeze Louise, she has already made me work too hard this morning. I have three pens in the small barn that I keep opened up most of the time. When it's time for kids, or need to keep a goat confined I just put a gate panel up. I've also been known to set up one of the kidding pens as a creep feed area for kids. The gate panel for that pen has an opening cut in it that the kids can go in and out.

Without paying a lot of attention yesterday when I was putting those gate panels up I grabbed the one for the creep feeder. Cameo was down resting when I went out to check this morning, but when I brought out the feed where do you think she stuck her head? Right through that very narrow opening in that panel. Do you think she could get her head back out of it - nope. Sigh.... I keep bolt cutters in the barn for a reason. Grrrr - goats!

Gonna make some low carb pancakes this morning - I need comfort food!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't keep track . You need to make us a kidding chart :lol:
I can barely keep track myself! Cameo is bred to Conan. PIA is bred to Chester.

I'm trying to find the baby monitor that I bought for mom and dad when they were in the assisted living facility. It would sure make my life easier to be able to see what's going on out there without having to tromp through the mud and wind every time I want to check on her.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I can barely keep track myself! Cameo is bred to Conan. PIA is bred to Chester.

I'm trying to find the baby monitor that I bought for mom and dad when they were in the assisted living facility. It would sure make my life easier to be able to see what's going on out there without having to tromp through the mud and wind every time I want to check on her.
That's a good idea! Hope PIA will deflate soon. I can't wait to see the little one(s)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Baby watch...... :idunno:barnie:th:celebrate:fl:somad:smack:hit:clap

Seems more like baby delay, lol!!! This heifer has kept me waiting all day and she's still keeping me waiting. Ligs are still gone, udder is still huge(r), attitude is still snippy...but no babies yet. She's not breathing hard, not doing much of anything out of the ordinary....but...she wasn't real interested in her feed this evening. So, the wait is still on. I think she's waiting until the temp drops to the lowest it possibly can just to keep things interesting. And because I got up at 6am to check on her this morning she probably wants me to put in full 24 hour shift....sigh.

And, Gracie just gifted me two piles of puke on the floor. Yay!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, I was so hoping to come here this morning and see kids! Dang PIA, let it go now, girl! Your "mom" needs to sleep!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At 12:30am this morning, PiA was delivered of b/d twins. The delivery was simple and uneventful. She did a great job.

All I did after they were dry was to give them a bit of colostrum, then I went to bed. As of this morning, they look peppy and strong and oh so cute. Mom must have delivered the afterbirth and consumed it because there was no evidence of it in her pen.

The black and white one is the doeling.
AEA9F5AF-D8B6-4F44-AB05-75862999DA5F.jpeg

59765C4A-4A93-4E6E-B199-E96480C674E6.jpeg