Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok- if Pia stays she might become Mia. She’s really turned into a sweetheart. So hard to believe, she was so terrible as a younger doe. We shall see how she behaves when her kids are weaned before any name change!

Have lots of things on my “to-do” list for tomorrow. Lucy’s kids will be three weeks old so it’s time for Coccidia prevention. Time to worm Lucy again and also Pia.

Had to jump in the hot tub tonight. Been meaning to for several days and just couldn’t find the time. It’s so worth the wait!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sigh..... my poor DH. He actually went outside last night and did some cold weather preps. I was thrilled - he hasn't been out to the barnyard in months! I let him do his thing and thanked him profusely.

He didn't finish up until after dark. I guess that's why I didn't notice. For whatever reason I never even looked at it this morning. This afternoon when I went to hook up the hose again and water the critters, I disassembled and threw away all his hard work.

In past years we have used the black foam tubes, like a pool noodle, that you put over the pipe and then wrapped it with duct tape. Goats never bothered it. But he used fiberglass insulation. FIBERGLASS(!) that was loose and only wrapped haphazardly with a bit of tape here and there. I just don't get it. SMH...

But, lest I sound ungrateful - I appreciate that he tried.
But did he use duct tape? We all know that duct tape will fix anything-just follow my DH around.....sigh..... We dropped the 2WD driveshaft out on his mule today and he didn't know what it was :th

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last day off....

The Kiko X babies are 3 weeks old today and got a dose of Toltrazaril.

Pia got a dose of Cydectin. She didn’t really love it but she took it like a trooper,

Cameo is at day 150 but isn’t in any hurry to unload those babies. Ugh!

Amazing size difference between the first babies and the newest ones, lol. They are closer to Pias size than the new babies!

Excuse the mess - pre barn raking this morning....:(

E208D1D7-110F-4880-8EBD-A1489D61FCD6.jpeg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I suddenly need more goats. :love Bottle-raised pygmies would be awesome. :love

I have 2 Nigerian Dwarf wethers. both 6 years old. They did their job of eating down a brushy hillside. It's good enough I can put sheep on it! Unless we start clearing brush out of our forest, we don't really need goats anymore. We have invasive prickly ash in the understory, so grazing a goat mob would be awesome. However, it's 1/4 mile from the house and fencing and predators would be an issue out there. We have coyote.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to resist these itty, bitty ones. The first time my DH ever saw one he said they looked like "stuffed animals that came to life." And they kinda do! Nothing cuter than a 6 inch goat, lol!

Cameo's udder has grown quite a bit today. She's been laying around groaning all day...poor thing. I go back to work tomorrow - so it looks like she'll be on her own. I don't worry too much about her - she's a big gal and shouldn't have an issue. However, if I feel no ligaments tomorrow morning I'll come home at lunch and check on her.

She needed a diversion today so she took a selfie:

5B5260EA-6ABE-4B96-A897-B79D4DA249EC.jpeg

And another baby pic - just because!
0F1E1961-32E1-4322-8482-5364F416F322.jpeg

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't believe the size of those babies! They're huge! How's Conan shaping up? Still gangly?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Physically, Conan is about the ugliest goat on the place, lol. His legs are crooked, he's much smaller than I thought he'd be at this age, he's slab-sided...really can't say much about his looks at all. Poor darling! But, I can't complain about these babies. They got Lucy's straight legs and the size is amazing! They are nearly s tall as PIA. It's just crazy! So, even though he's fugly - he gets to stay around a while longer. :)