Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got a voltage meter?
Somewhere - but my son works better than the volt meter, lol! It's still showing green on the readout but it' not at max. I'm going to check one more thing when I go out next and see if that helps...

I've been outside all day - gonna hop in the hot tub on my way back in from my next venture outdoors. I'll be in and out before DH even gets home! He usually doesn't get in so this way he won't feel left out...:(

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Belated happy birthday :hugs I spent so much time offline the last two days I missed it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Really cruddy pics of Cameos babies. Their color is so unique. It’s hard to tell but the little girl is kind of an off white/grayish and has very light brown markings on her face.

26253262-04E0-4403-A4E3-325D2F3553DD.jpeg

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The one with the spots is beautiful! Bummer about the rear end :(

So will you keep and breed them to one of your other bucks? Are they related to Dusty?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Of course the spotted one would be the boy... :(

They are NOT related to Dusty. My "plan" (ya'll know how those work out for me!) is to do a three way rotation with Conan (or replacement), Dusty and Kinder. Dusty brings size, color and great udders to the mix. Kinder has great confirmation, great feet, and great parasite resistance. Not really sure why he's got such good resistance but he does and I'm going to try and capitalize on it. Conan brings more parasite resistance and... uh...that's about it I guess. He's got good feet too though - can't forget that. Dusty has horrible feet...:(

All of that in hopes of getting a good sized, meaty, parasite resistant milk/meat goat. I think it's got a good chance. The hardest part for me will be culling - I'm such a slacker in that department. However, I think I've decided to go ahead and sell all the Nigi's - including PIA and her babies. :( It would get 6 mouths off of the feed/hay bill and that is a good goal.

I'm going to have to find a place to move some of the mama's and babies to so that I can bring up any other does when they are getting close. Noir (kinder) is making a good udder and one of the yearling Kinder's is starting one too. Problem will be that if I want to milk I need to keep the gals up close...grrrr! I wish my barn/pen situation was a little different but it is what it is.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh I forgot that's a boy, boo!

Even though PIA has cute babies, if you want to retire this century that probably isn't a good enough reason to keep her lol! And they're not part of your plan (which is a good plan!)

Yay more babies coming!