Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't believe the amount of rain you get!

Too much rain - but none today so far.

I was outside in capri pants and a t-shirt most of the day. Got on the tractor and had to go in the pasture. Warned the dogs NOT to run out the gate....ugh. Cowboy was a very good boy and did NOT run out - but Maddie did...WHAT? She didn't go far, but it was far enough for me to get a call from the neighbor who used to call every time Cowboy got out. She was pleasant enough lol. Just wanted to make sure I knew she was out. Heck - before she got another sentence out Maddie was back home. I guess she just had to prove her independence... argh.

I spent some time on the tractor moving a round bale. But do you think my lazy tractor challenged butt put on the hay fork - nope - I thought I could just do it with the front end loader - and I did - but would have been more efficient to do it the right way. Oh well I'm just stubborn that way...

After that I got the dreaded dis-budding done. I have got to say that Kiko babies are sooo tough! They hardly fussed at all but the Nigi/Pyg babies were cry babies the entire time..and I mean CRY babies... :( So stressful!

I came inside to chill for a few minutes before I go back out to finish feeding and milking. I'm still milking Cameo because her babies are stupid and just nurse off of one side...means I have to milk the other side every day. Her babies are only 9 days old and I haven't started drinking her milk yet. I really should tape off the side that they're nursing on and maybe they'll figure out there's another faucet....

I'm tired and I stink like burnt goat - maybe the hot tub is calling me! I get such good sleep after a good soak Ok - back to busy-ness!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That smell.... is awful. Bleh!

The round bale grabbers are so cool, have you seen those? It looks like they're picking up a giant marshmallow lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are, and they don't put a hole in the wrap for it to get wet. Brilliant. And I am easily amused by farm equipment lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are, and they don't put a hole in the wrap for it to get wet. Brilliant. And I am easily amused by farm equipment lol
Ditto, lol. I found one on sale for $1200! I'm not getting one - but for someone who moved a bunch of bales every year....might be a great purchase!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That spotted buckling is just gorgeous. I like the tanned hide idea, LOL. Make one heck of a purty purse/bag. Then when people admired it, you could horrify them with how you raised him, slaughtered and ate him, tanned the hide and made a purse. :lol::lol::lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Someday I'll try to tan a hide. Hopefully later than sooner in the little guy's case, lol. He'd only make a tiny little purse right now! Gotta decide what to do with him anyway. I hope he'll sell well as a possible kiko x herdsire? Dunno… But, he's a cutie and ought to have some "curb appeal."

Got a few things to do and then I'll be looking for a few low carb superbowl snack ideas. I've got some chicken in the crockpot. A bit of an altered chicken wing recipe...we do chicken legs because DH refuses to work with a little wing. He likes big bites, and doesn't like to fight with his food...silly fella.

I milked Cameo for household milk last night. Hope all the colostrum taste has cleared. I'll give it a taste at some point today. Got a half-gallon out of one side...sheesh. Her babies are dumb - and nursing offa one side. And the silliest part is that they change sides every now and then. I don't know what's up with these guys but their intelligence is not knocking me offa my feet, lol.

I've got Cameo and her crew and PIA and hers locked up after I disbudded last evening. Want those kids in a really clean environment after their little traumatic episode - don't want them rubbing mud into the burns.

I'm late getting out there - so need toget my lazy bum outside.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol aren't nubians kinda dumb? Must be the Nubian side!

Yay Superbowl! Of course I can't watch it and my team's playing! I'm with your DH, I hate chicken wings. There's no food on them!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol aren't nubians kinda dumb? Must be the Nubian side!
Maybe it IS the Nubian side, lol!

DH is an impatient eater. I don't mind wings...I've always been a slow eater. He almost refuses to eat anything he has to work at...crawfish...shrimp...anything that has to be peeled. I'll sit there all day long...peel a crawfish, have a swallow of beer...eat a few more crawfish...tell a lie or two...drink a little more beer! :lol:

I'm on about 5 football pots so my interest in the Super Bowl is monetary only at this point. Even though I'd kinda like to see somebody else win for a change.. (sorry NH).

Oh - and it drizzled all night. I got in the hot tub for a short soak yesterday evening and it was drizzling...drizzling when I got out about 20 minutes later. Was still drizzling when we went to bed....was drizzling when I got up and now - NOW it's out and out raining! :he

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ughh rain! And I'm used to it, I realize we in New England are the only ones who aren't sick of ourselves lol!!