Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Gosh, the spotted one is gorgeous! Pity it's a boy, but he'll sell easily if/when you choose to do so. Maybe if you do this pairing again in future you'll get more like him and a female :fl

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Enabler, lol!

Don't think for a minute that I'm not sitting here trying to figure out how many does he's kin to and how long I'd have to keep him to breed back to does that weren't his siblings. I don't mind line breeding, been doing it for years, but I prefer not to do brother/sister pairings. I wouldn't do littermates and I'd rather not even do 1/2 brother sister - but... Hmmmmm!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Things at work today were amazingly calm and cordial. New director is off tomorrow. Part of me wonders if she'll be back Monday!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ODD -- what do you think made her so? Is she aware of the meeting about her?

The spotted buckling "looks" a little tanish…?

Man, a farm "close" has 7 beautiful (!!!) Boers for cheap. Darn, I wish I were ready for them. :he There will always be more out there but, price is good. :( Just can't do it. Need to stay off of CL.

Cost me 34 cent a pound for some really pretty orchard/alf for these gals. Like $25 a bale!! Can't take on 7 more right now. :D Will last about 4-5 days, plus supplemented. Yeah, only FREE would be cheap enough with 8 more weeks of hay! And kids coming in Mar/Apr (grass will be coming also).

NOT buying anything that needs to be fed!! Not now.:caf

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep- the little buckling is base tan with spots. Where the doeling came up with the gray base is totally beyond me. :hu

ODD -- what do you think made her so? Is she aware of the meeting about her?
Yes, new director knows that we went to HER boss with our concerns. Then HER boss had a meeting with her and told her that we were unhappy with her performance. Her boss also reamed her out for working 6 or 7 hour days, leaving early every day and not asking for any guidance to get herself trained. Next step is that Monday we ALL have a meeting with the VP. That ought to be fun. But, that's why I think she has worked her hours every day this week and actually got out of her chair and did some things with the students - as she should have been doing for several months now. We shall see how it goes.

Rained yesterday - yay! I (and all critters) are totally sick and tired of mud, mud, mud. I swear some of the goats are getting moldy, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Almost 60 this morning, but foggy and damp so it still feels cool. And - guess what? Rain in the forecast! Grrrrr….we're over 4 inches for the year. More than an inch a week on top of the 7,090 inches we had last year, lol. Crazy, crazy weather...but Phil did not see his shadow so spring is coming? Yea - somebody convince me!

I need to disbud this weekend. Hate it, hate it, hate it - but still gotta do it. Especially hate to do the itty bitty ones because they aren't friendly at this point and doing their heads isn't going to help their personalities. But, after that I'll go ahead and get the little family listed for sale....along with the other Nigi's. Might watch Hiney for a week or so. Not sure if she's bred and I'd like to know before I sell her. I was/am kind of worried that she might not be bred (or breed-able) anymore. Her last kidding was triplets but one was dead before birth, one died soon after and one was fine - but she also retained her placenta - all things that could have an impact on her fertility. But, I noticed a couple of days ago that she's starting to get a belly....:idunno I'd like to know so I can be honest with buyers...she's a great pet so maybe the right person wouldn't care one way or the other if I priced her low enough. I just can't stand to sell an animal if I don't know it's true status.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is the nice thing about the little breeds, there is a pet market.

I can't believe the amount of rain you get!