Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
See post # 8369 (page 837) Spelled goals out there. :) I have a constant market...have folks contact me frequently to see if I have something for sale. I'm just stingy, lol.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did a lot of reading back in my journal last night to figure out when the bulk of does, if bred, will kid.

Conan went in the pasture 10.10.18 so the earliest kidding date wouldn't be before the first week of March.

Dusty and Kinder went out on Dec 10th. Anything from those breedings wouldn't be due until May.

Heck, Dusty and Kinder are STILL in the pasture, but I haven't seen any activity at all for quite a long time. It will be interesting to see how many Conan actually settled. Right now I'm thinking he got most of the shorter Kinder does. I guess the taller Nubians were just too much of a challenge for him - even though he got Cameo - so I might be wrong there.

I am so pleased with his first set of girls out of Lucy (kinder) doe. They've got good growth and good conformation. That might be "the" cross that works best for this adventure. Of course that statement is contingent up them having decent udders and it's just a wee bit early to make that determination, lol.

After today I'm vacay-ing the rest of the week. I need a few days to catch up on everything. Housework :( and critter stuff.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First time this year - but they're mowing the grass at the college! Yay - it must be spring, right? :fl

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whoop, whoop! Off today, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday! Yay! I'm gonna try to move the Nigi's into the trailer today - get some pics and get 'em on Craigslist. I checked Craigslist yesterday and there must be about 6 thousand Nigi's on there...gulp. Hope there's not an issue. I really don't want to keep feeding them, and really don't want to eat them either, lol! I don't mind pricing them low just to move them out if I have to.

Weather will be warm and humid for the next few days before getting another cool/wet front. Ugh. Seriously...it's been wet for ever and I'm just over it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Long busy day - but productive. Got quite a few things taken care of and marked offa "the list." That's always a good thing.

Talked to my good neighbor last night and he said we definitely need to butcher a couple of pigs before it gets hot.... I'm all for it!

Got a couple hits on the Craigslist ad within a few hours of posting - but you know how people are. They're all bluff and promises and no follow through. And this is why I hate selling little goats. Grrrrr! The people that want big goats are fighting each other to get here first, lol. Lotsa folks want meat goats around here. That would be the main reason I'm making the change - besides the fact that I like goat meat too.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ooh hope you have some luck! I hate selling animals, it's the worst part!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It absolutely IS the worst part. People are so inconsiderate - argh. They want you to hold them until pay day - have a million questions that prove they know nothing, don't show up when they say they will... the list goes on and on. Every now and then you get good buyers - that makes it so much nicer!