Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've learned that I will NEVER hold an animal for someone. I will hold it the day they are coming to see. But... even then, if I have several prospective buyers, I tell them all that it's first come, first serve. And they'd better be prepared to take it that day, or pay in full, and come back the next day, or at the worst, by the weekend.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm big on first come first serve too... I won't hold an animal without a deposit, but I will notify the first person if they're about to lose out. At one point I had some folks who wanted a couple of goats but they didn't want them disbudded. I had them pay in full ahead of time (and they didn't object) because I will not have a horned animal on this place.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope you sell them. I have a ram up for sale on Craigslist. Not even one call, but that's alright, he has an appointment Wednesday for slaughter.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If they don't sell by "neighbor pig day", they can join the party. :idunno. Freezer full and waiting for veggies :D . Of course there is work to cut and package it all. Selling does eliminate that part. :hide .

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had an email this morning from a guy who has bought lots of goats from me in the past. But, he's also stood me up a couple of times... We will see how it goes this time. He buys and sells a lot of goats/sheep but he takes really good care of them in the interim.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I texted him and so far he hasn't texted back... :hu He might be asleep though - he's in health care and works odd hours. He sent me the email at 5am this morning...

DH went to the eye doc yesterday and the next surgery is scheduled for March 26th...hope I don't have any babies due that day, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
hope I don't have any babies due that day,

If you do I am sure you will wish them well as you leave :)

Perhaps your goat guy will awaken, come by and buy them all...all that you have for sale, that is. :D

Today started GREAT...warm & sunny. My hay person got a new load and I was so out (1 bale!) and had been waiting. At the verge of leaving to go to another place, she called with news!! Went and got 15 bales of beautiful 2nd cut orchard...10 more to get...and they ate EVERY snip of it. :love Then piled up to chew cud. Love it!! Nice with kids due in a few short weeks to have good hay.

Now, winds are about 30mph and clouding in prep for the next 7 days of showers to begin tonight. :mad::( Not much else I can do out there without being tied down :lol: Still warm.

Just got computer back from repair and now I can TYPE again. Been using my Ipad for a week. Little thing and NO REAL KEYBOARD! :rolleyes: Been a trying week. I'm too old for that thing.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Goat guy did text me a few minutes ago - he's only looking for does. I might make him a deal on the two does and two babies - but not going to go down too much....maybe a $50 break.