Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM :hugs Wine sounds like a great idea. So sorry to hear about the lost baby... Fingers crossed the other one will be o.k. How is Noir doing?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did my last bottle feed of the day and checked all new mamas and babies for the last time about an hour ago. Made it back to the porch and didn't even go in the house. I had already put a towel out there so I practically dove into the hot tub. I needed those jets...my back is complaining and my feet are just about to give up. I have discovered that my boots have much more support than my cheap slip on canvas shoes. So, while I hate wearing mud boots - the other shoes are literally killing my feet. I need to go get a good pair of athletic shoes to wear when I'm not in boots. I probably really need the athletic shoes because I've topped 10000 steps for several days now....and if I didn't top it the other days I got really close. Just calculated it and I've walked 19.4 miles since Monday. Have I lost an ounce of weight? Probably not...

Gonna finish my glass of wine and head upstairs to my bed. I have no intention of getting out of said bed before 7am....I hope. :fl

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Anxiously awaiting word of how the goats fared the night... in the meantime, I hope you got some sleep cause boy did you need it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I literally slept the sleep of the dead last night. I don't think I even rolled over once... Felt like a slacker when I didn't get up until nearly 8am. The bottle babies were quite annoyed with me! But I am pleased to say that everyone made it through the night. The pygmy baby is quite a little snit - but she's figured out how to sleep and eat and make her mama a little crazy. Noir was bright eyed and bushy tailed and ravenous this morning. Can't ask for more than that. Her hooha is a swollen mess though...I know she's gotta be feeling that. Still can't believe the size of those babies... Still can't believe that even one of 'em came out alive. When I felt the size of her leg bones my heart just sank. I had to put one of those feet back inside Noir because two feet and a head just would not come out at the same time. While putting the foot back I probably tore the placenta which led to the other one's demise. Pure speculation - but it's my semi-educated guess. But in hindsight there was nothing I could have done differently. I was to the point where I was contemplating getting the gun and doing a barn C-section. So glad it didn't come to that. I'm always amazed at what those mama's can go through and then just get up and go about the business of raising their babies. Of course it doesn't always work out that way...:(

Today I need to do a major goat shuffle. Contemplating putting Lucy and her girls out in the pasture. The babies are big and strong and have had their three coccidia prevention treatments. Maybe it's time to put the Kiko experiment to the test. Then I would bring Noir and her baby up to the front area where I can watch that baby easier. The issue would be Cameo and her babies. Cameo is a pushy witch! Her babies are big and strong and they would totally overwhelm Noir's giant-ess. I need a name for her. Somehow Goliath just doesn't seem to fit a girl, lol.

If I'm gonna put those little girls out I guess that means I've gotta get Dusty and Kinder put back in their old pen. This is gonna get complicated!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The goat shuffle! At least you have 3 less goats to worry about (though they've already been replaced by babies lol). SO glad to hear everyone survived the night.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just thought I’d throw in a quick pic of the giantess baby:

63FD64C1-D9D9-469D-99B9-26AB91C402A9.jpeg

Latest posts