Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The stress makes doing without but, staying home, look real good.
True - but!!!!! I talked to our retirement system today. Found out I don't have to pay that outrageous monthly insurance premium I thought we were gonna have to pay. My insurance will continue to be paid by the state and I will continue to get DH's for the same amount we pay now, $343.00 per month. It could be worse. I was under the mistaken impression that I would be paying approx. $700 per month. I will continue to get free dental insurance also - but DH won't have any dental insurance. I've urged him to get to the dentist ASAP! The longest I'll have to work is until Jan 2020. But, I can likely get out earlier than that. They are sending me a 'package' so that I can start figuring all this stuff out. Complicated much? Yes! But, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Woo Hoo!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can vouch for retirement being the best thing we've done in a long time! You will love retirement. I will caution you, try to get everything done that you can BEFORE you retire. Once you retire, you'll be too busy.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
True - but!!!!! I talked to our retirement system today. Found out I don't have to pay that outrageous monthly insurance premium I thought we were gonna have to pay. My insurance will continue to be paid by the state and I will continue to get DH's for the same amount we pay now, $343.00 per month. It could be worse. I was under the mistaken impression that I would be paying approx. $700 per month. I will continue to get free dental insurance also - but DH won't have any dental insurance. I've urged him to get to the dentist ASAP! The longest I'll have to work is until Jan 2020. But, I can likely get out earlier than that. They are sending me a 'package' so that I can start figuring all this stuff out. Complicated much? Yes! But, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Woo Hoo!
That is awesome news about the insurance! Hope there is more good news and lights in that "package" they're sending you.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang, if I get "more" busy than now....I may not be able to handle it :lol:

I'm in the "working myself into it" part, so already getting things lined up -- for me, a LOT is my own self control :old

It's good you are looking at your retirement "package" of benefits. Mine is all done for that but, I am researching and using some of my "elder" benefits from the State and County where I live. ($1,000 annual decrease in RETax :celebrate) Free community college classI\

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, you don't get a credit for the classes but you "audit". At this stage I don't care, the info is all I would want. You can get a record of classes audited...so, proof. But it is just a personal learning experience. Nice winter project, keeps you mentally alert, engage with others, etc.

Arts? Languages? gardening? computers? Nice things to know. No grade pressures :D

take that class when you retire!!! Sounds like we are both heading into the same time frame...early 2020. I like the sound of that -- 2020 retired -- easy to remember :cool:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH retires at the end of this year. I'll be scrambling for insurance to tie me over till I hit 65 in mid-Spring 2021. Thinking of picking up a "catastrophic only" policy. I can't wait until retirement. To be able to take on a project at my own pace without having employment obligations interfering with my life!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight I opened a bottle of wine that I made in July of '17. Holy Cow - after aging this long it has become very enjoyable. It is smooth and has a great depth of flavor that I wouldn't have expected. It's still a bit sweet for me...I prefer something drier - but overall - it's at least an 7 out of 10. Guess I better get busy, lol!