Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
To be able to take on a project at my own pace without having employment obligations interfering with my life!

Yep. Ditto. One of mine does give me a lot of wiggle room to change when I work a project. Only thing that keeps me working it. Well, except the check. :D It will be the job I quit -- I work for 2 PT companies. Insurance? Lucky to have Medicare for past 8 yrs but, never needed/used it. Catastrophic in interim sounds like a good plan.

It's still a bit sweet for me...I prefer something drier - but overall - it's at least an 7 out of 10. Guess I better get busy, lol!

Yeppers -- low cost wine for retirement. :old We still need to be able to "enjoy". 98% of mine is free from demos. :clap This PT job may be a keeper for a while :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I worked today and I'm tired, even though it wasn't hard. Mostly I just wanted to be at home, sleeping. I'm tired of bottle babies. Makes me a terrible goat mama. I'm ready for them to grow up and not need a bottle 4 times a day. I've toyed with the idea of selling them, but don't really want to. I'm a sucker for the black moon-spotted one. Actually, I'd be ok with selling the other one - but that would leave me still bottle feeding one and it would be a lonely one so I might as well keep both or sell both. Argh.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
PT companies?

Is that Part Time? Like temporary?

Yep, part time. Although during certain "seasons" it's more hours than full time! But generally not.

AWWWH...FEM, I'm so sorry you have the bottle babes! It is a lot of trouble/time. I had one last yr -- the #3 of trips that mom wouldn't feed but, did all else. Peanut is still here and will come when called, follow me anywhere. :D You are just tired. Not of the babes so much as "overall". Take a break -- couple comp days and do only what MUST be done, otherwise goof off, stay in your pajamas, don't clean or do anything. BE LAZY. I do that every once in a while -- almost a mini vacay. Go walk thru a bunch of stores and just look around, take in a matinee, eat out. Spoil yourself.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll! I think tomorrow I'll try to find a place in one of the barns for them. It won't make it any easier to feed them - in fact it'll probably be harder - but they need to learn to be goats. Not sure it'll work full time - but they need to be with goats. Right now they're in the trailer. It's closer to the house. Five more weeks and DH can pick up the mid day feeding for sure.

Take a break -- couple comp days
I'll be taking a couple days off. DH has that eye surgery Tuesday so I'll be off. Off Wednesday too for his follow-up. We'll probably go out to lunch Wednesday so that'll be nice. So, not totally restful, but off.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hope the surgery will go well for DH. I agree with MH, a day or two off from almost everything will be great for you. Take some time to catch your breath, you need it :hugs