Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think this will help him... It's just cataract surgery so not really a "big deal" except for someone with his history. The last surgery he had (the vitrectomy) always causes a cataract. He already had a cataract in that eye so it was a little worse for him because of that. Really hope this will end his troubles. After healing from that he'll probably need a new prescription. Sigh - that's the worse part because we just spent about $1500 on glasses for him about a year ago...so I promised him he's using the same frames no matter how much the salespeople try to talk us out of them. Ugh.

I moved the babies out to the barn this morning. I had already moved Noir and her baby up to the small barn/barnyard so there won't be so many mean mothers out there. The two does (and babies) left in that area are FF's so they're not quite as mean as some of the older does. On second thought I probably should have waited because I'm going to have to disbud them today. Have 4 to do....argh. I hate, hate, hate it. Maybe I should put it first on my list and just get it over with. I usually do it in the evening cuz I have to come in and shower to get the burnt goat smell off of me.... :( Not doing the bucklings that are slated to become wethers and eventually dinner. I won't wether them for awhile though. When they start acting stupid they'll lose their equipment. They will get their first dose of Toltrazuril today.

As usual - have more things to do than time to do it. I do like to keep busy - but I like to choose my busy-ness, lol. Need to put lawn mowing on the list too. But, right now - I need coffee and food!

Happy Sunday ya'll!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Good heavens eye glasses are expensive by you guys!! I pay less than €100 for a pair here. I really, really hope this is going to be it for him for a good while. The poor man had been through so much with his eyes.

Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you. Good luck with the disbudding!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
$1500 glasses? Yikes! I never spend more than maybe $150-200. Yeah I'd tell him he's using those frames for the next 10 years lol!

Mowing... wow... we're still plowing...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Part of the reason they're so expensive is that DH has expensive taste and a huge head, lol. And, usually I'm feeling sorry for all he's gone through and give in. But, that's for two pair. One pair of prescription sunglasses and the other pair is either bi or tri focal - I can't remember... All the special lens treatmentse and warranties and it doesn't help that our vision insurance pays nothing except $40.00 co-pay for the eye exam and only 10% towards frames. ARGH!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ouch! I have got to get some prescription sunglasses next time. I desperately need new glasses, mine fell in the goat pen and got stepped on by a goat so they're uh, mildly scratched lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot - that was the rush order. He really needed them quickly to get his eyes back on track so we paid a wad for the expedited order too.

One of my co-workers went to America's Best and had her exam and got glasses for under $200. I think we need to try that place next.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can advise AGAINST Walmart for Rx eyeglasses. They are not expensive, so I did the 2 pair special. They were a total waste of money. Couldn't see out of them well at all. I should have immediately returned them, but it was some time ago. Live and learn.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got mine at BJ's. I've had them... forever. Like, way too long lol. No complaints.